• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vettal
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2012

Back to the future

I work for a well known broadcasting company as a cameraman.
    And in my job i get to travel to some stunning locations and sometimes some right dumps.

I also get to film new technology that one day will reach the market place and if it will make a good news story.

This week i went to a very well known and respected company whose name i cannot reveal that wanted to show us a product that will be coming to the market soon.
    And guess what it was DIY Home automation.

And what i saw i was gob smacked.
    Their wall switches were black glass plates to switch on you just swipe your hand over the plate you dont even have to touch it,if you want to dim the lights you just hold your hand over the plate for a few seconds.
    All their appliances will come with two way communication chips so no more guess work as to wether your lights are on or off away from home.

And the best bit they saved for last as the company belive that all homes will have LED lighting in the next two years their lights are all LED again with a chip that is built into every light so you can control them individually or all at once as you would in a kitchen or bathroom.

In fact in the bathroom demo you can change colours to set the mood.

The system works with both ipad and android and the demo was done on a android tablet which interface looked stunning.

And best of all their price is going to be very competitive with a company that sell their product at B&Q.

Why is it not on the market yet?
    They are covering all their bases.

Lighting.

Wall appliances

remote control for garages and gates.

Security lighting and cameras.

They want it to all work.
    And as one guy told me they had to get the cost of the LED lights down to a acceptable level.

For me i can hardly wait.

The LED lighting is a really good option and quite cheap as well. I have the same questions as you... Why is it not on the market yet?

Comment

• Wexfordman
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2005

when?

Did they give any indication as to when they plan to launch ?

Comment

• Vangelis
        Automated Home Guru
        • Sep 2009

Vitrum (http://www.vitrum.com/eng/content/vitrum-0) appear similar - very expensive however (they run ZWave)

Comment

• Wexfordman
          Automated Home Guru
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Vangelis View Post
          Vitrum (http://www.vitrum.com/eng/content/vitrum-0) appear similar - very expensive however (they run ZWave)
          Wow!! 400 eurofor a 4 gang switch!! Very nice though !!

Comment

• nickolaus
            Automated Home Lurker
            • May 2012

Did they do any marketing deals? How did they promote their company?
            geothermal installation

Comment

Working...
            X