Automated Home Lurker

Default Anyone for cheap IR RC Curtains

This looks like who makes them

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/10866...in_System.html

That's what they are going for on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD2V

Or you can buy them from

http://www.stylishliving247.co.uk/

So $59 dollars each bulk (but non UK PSU) plus shipping or £185 + £15 delivery

One of the US ebay sellers says you can X10 them with a relay module.

Seeing I am new, I don't mind if someone else more established organises the money side.

But first wait until I get the set I one on an english eBay auction (OK I'm an idiot to pay £125 delivered, but I want to check the quality first).

What do you say, I think it could work

Dave 8O

Automated Home Jr Member CableTie's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone for cheap IR RC Curtains

Let us know what you think of the quality and the performance. I am looking into fitting several tracks at home in a few months

Paul

MalcolmSu

Did anyone go for these cheap curtain tracks?? What are they like? For the money they 'sound' as though they might be flimsy and noisy??

I want to put two more in my house but I'm reluctant to use more Swish Autoglides as they've bee quite expensive in motor repairs for me... I was thinking of going down the Goelst route but they are heck of an expensive. You could replace them three or four times over with these units. It's hard to justify the Goelst's.

Malcolm

Goelst will be launching two new curtain rails at the Smart Home Show this week.

The new 6300 and 6305 ranges have a carry weight of 20 and 40kg respectively and no slow start or stop, which is unique to the 6200 range.

The 6200 is also being up graded with 5 pause point along its rail as well as a 24hour clock all built into the motor housing. Coupled to the current 60Kg carrying capacity and its quietness it is an impressive system.

A distributed power network is also being developed for the whole range.
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

MalcolmSu

i noticed the 6300 on the Goelst web site some time back - that explains why I haven't been able to find any Uk stockists as yet. From their web site it seems the 6300 is for straight track only which should also bring the price down a bit(?).

I won't be at the Smarthome show this week. Could anyone attending post some indication of prices for the 6300 please. Many thanks.

Malcolm

The 6300 is rated at 20Kg and can not be bent.

However the 6302 is rated at 40Kg and can have 1 x 90deg bend in it.

For the 6300, 1 Mtr or less, Approx £290 upto £365 for a 6mtr rail (+VAT and Del)

The 6302 is only a little more, £320 for 1 Mtr or Less, £455 for a 9 Mtr.

Hope that helps.

email me if you want a pdf of the Brochure
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

OK I've fitted the curtains,

1 the tracks can only be straight, not a problem for me.

It was a bit fiddly, and I have a window that only required 2 sections, a 4 section set up would need two people (well the way I work it would).

There is some adjustment after you put them up, quite easy to do, then I thought I would prefer the motor unit at the other end. Luckily that was quite a simple job.

They are not quiet, but I don't know what noise the more expensive ones make.

I thought the quality of the track (I think it is extruded ali), is very good, the motor certainly looks hefty enough, but the colour of it, mind you there are holes provided so you can hide it behind the curtain.

So far no problems with it, but again I would imagine people could have some set up issues.

If you do buy one, and do not understand the instructions, drop me an email, I'll try to help you.

([email protected])

Automated Home Lurker

I think you can get it from here : http://www.discountelectriccurtains.co.uk/