• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Device for using with xAP Flash

Afternoon all,

I experimented briefly with Kevin's xAP for the Joggler until by device decided to give up the ghost and die. I've been reading some of the threads and want to give it another go but what device would people recommend?

Paul
  • neilhooper
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2008

I've got it working on my Android phone with a view to getting a tablet or two or three ......

There is only one small issue with using it on Android you will probably need to run an Apache web server or similar on your internal network to serve the required files to the device. Perhaps on your Cortex box, that's what I'm doing.

- Neil

Comment

Try on windows phone 7 devices. Windows devices are compatible with xap files. Try this link. http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-dow...ices-tutorial/

Comment

• neilhooper
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by tomkent45 View Post
        Try on windows phone 7 devices. Windows devices are compatible with xap files. Try this link. http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-dow...ices-tutorial/
        Please prove me wrong, but I don't think this link has anything to do with the xAP Home Automation Protocol. For an explantion look here; http://www.xapautomation.org/index.p...ation_protocol

Perhaps Kevin may like to comment ?

- Neil
        Last edited by neilhooper; 28 March 2012, 12:53 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

nah - totally different thing .... we have no Windows Mobile apps I'm aware of - beyond any that might use a web interface...

K

Comment

• Geps
            Automated Home Guru
            • Nov 2010

I'd ignore TomKent - he seems to post up trivial OT stuff in order to boost the search ratings for the site in his signature.

Comment

• Paul_B
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2006

No problem I do have a WP7 phone and was aware that flash is not available and that XAP install files are not the same as xAP the home-automation protocol. As it stands the only non-Joggler device I'd be thinking of is Android (hurry up Windows 8)

Paul

Comment

• neilhooper
                Automated Home Guru
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Paul_B View Post
                ..... As it stands the only non-Joggler device I'd be thinking of is Android (hurry up Windows 8)

Paul
                As I said above, I've got my Android phone working and I'm now starting to get to grips with the layouts etc.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
                X