Thread: Control two things with one button

Default Control two things with one button

Hi All,

The title says it all.

Is it possible to control two devices with one button, if so, how?

- Neil

That's not really the role of xAPFlash - normally you would do this by triggering something in a xAP controller / HA software which would then run a series of events like a macro...

So in your case as you're using Cortex you could use a xAP Automation object to receive an incoming xAP message from xAPFlash and then do whatever you wanted , including sending subsequent xAP messages.

Also a button shows state and if it controlled two devices it may have a problem if they were each in a different state.

There is a way around this however that might work for your purpose. If you set up a button to send a raw xAP message where the message is contained within the XML then you could IIRC concatenate two or more messages together and they would both get sent. This allows a sort of macro button but as the button won't be linked to any device it wont track and display state.
    K
    Last edited by Kevin; 30th March 2012 at 12:33 AM.

I get what you mean, I've got another post in the Idratek forum that's loosely linked to this one. I'll wait to see if any replies are made then use both bits of information to hopefully achieve the things I've got in mind.

Blimey !!! is that the time, doing these screen layouts gets you hooked and time drifts by without noticing ......

- Neil