Thread: Strange Message

Default Strange Message

Can anybody tell me what this error message means;

Error Message: Invalid name/value pairing. Address must have at least vendor, device and instance unless wildcard present.
    Message Line#: 8 - target=nothing
    Received From: 127.0.0.1:54608

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF455500
    class=xAPBSC.Query
    source=ukusa.iServer.dylan1
    target=nothing
    }
    Request
    {
    Request=Yes
    }

- Neil

The target address needs to be a valid xAP address - which identifies the specific endpoint on the device .. (check your source tag)

It should be something like
    target=ACME.Controller.One:Sensor1

Three 'segments' followed by a ':' and then the endpoint name

K

Hi Kevin,

This is happening when xAPFlash is initialising.

I've tracked it down to some buttons that I have created to display temperatures. The sensors aren't there yet. What can I put in the xAP section as a placeholder?

- Neil

PS I've also discovered another issue with a button which I'll start a new thread for.

Are you using <xapon> ....</xapon> or <xapoff>...</xapoff> tags or are you just using the normal button tags <source>...</source> ?

If the former make sure your target= line has an address construct like the example in my above reply , and if the latter make sure the <source> tag has that.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Are you using <xapon> ....</xapon> or <xapoff>...</xapoff> tags or are you just using the normal button tags <source>...</source> ?

If the former make sure your target= line has an address construct like the example in my above reply , and if the latter make sure the <source> tag has that.

K
    Im using <source>...</source> I understand that the construct needs to be correct for it to work but the devices aren't there yet to point at.

It's just that I'm designing the UI at the moment and will add the addresses in later as the sensors get fitted. Do I take it that I can put anything in there as long as it conforms to the construct, It will just not be able to resolve it?

- Neill

The error message is simply flagging the fact that the xAP message is badly formed. You could just ignore the error message, it's not actually breaking anything really but you asked for a placeholder that would remove the error message and the ACME example source= would do that.

One thing that will happen is that xAPFlash will try and query these BSC endpoints for their status and will continue to do so periodically (reducing over time) whilst it runs. This will cause the xAP button counter to never reach 0 (synched) if you are using that.

K