Cortex not reacting to xAPFlash button press.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilhooper
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2008

Cortex not reacting to xAPFlash button press.

I've created a button on a page, the sixteenth one, and Cortex does nothing when I press it.

It controls a light, simple on and off.

I can see the xAP message in Viewer and and in HA Network / Behaviour but nothing happens to the light.

If I toggle it using Cortex it's state changes in xAPflash but it still is being ignored if I press it in xAPflash.

I've posted this in the xAPFlash forum as well.

- Neil
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Neil,

A bit more info if you could... Can you post the xAPBSC.cmd message that is sent by xAPFlash to control the light and also the xAPBSC.info message sent by Cortex when it is changed.

Also if you change the lights state in xFX Viewer (BSC tab right click) does that work ?

Beware of a light that is ON but at 0 brightness as toggle will still leave the light apparently off visually. Both Cortex and xAP support independent on and off brightness levels although xAP's usual interpretation of state=off will usually mean no power is applied to the light.
    Last edited by Kevin; 1 April 2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• neilhooper
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2008

Now I'm confused.

This problem first started happening when I created the button two days ago.

Since then I've deleted the button info in xapconfig, saved it, run xAPFlash with the new configuration, recreated the button, saved it, run it, more times than I can remember.

I've pointed the button at a different device, always copying the end point from the xfx viewer window to avoid typos, and it worked only to find when pointed back at the original device it didn't again.

I've deleted the module in Cortex, saved the database and even shut down Cortex and restarted in between reinstating the module.

The PC has been rebooted several times, all with no joy.

I post the message on the forum last night and shut down the PC, go to bed, get up this morning, get notified there is a reply by email, read the reply, boot up the PC to send the info and ...... wait for it ....... the ***!!! thing works !!!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me.

Also if you change the lights state in xFX Viewer (BSC tab right click) does that work ?
      Didn't know you could do that - useful to know.

Thanks for your reply (again) Kevin.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
      X