• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyb505
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2005

problems with cm11

I have a cm11 which has been working perfectly for the last 12-18 months since I bought it. However at the weekend it stopped working. I have changed the batteries and the fuse but it will not communicate with the pc it is connected to.

I have tried looking at the communications log (activehome) and the pc seems to be sending commands to the cm11 but the cm11 is not reesponding.

Anyone have any ideas why the cm11 is not working? or do i need to buy a new one?

Any help appreciated.
    Andrew
  • andyb505
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2005

Re: problems with cm11 - should be CM12

Sorry, meant a CM12 not a cm11.
    Andrew

Comment

• Synaptic
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2005

Re: problems with cm11

I had a similar situation with a lamp module a while back. After taking it to pieces I discovered that in the lamp modules at least there are not one but two fuses and it was the second one that had blown.

The first fuse is the standard 3amp fuse that you can access without disassembling the unit, located between the plug pins. The second is a single short wire at the top of the circuit board located underneath another component, a capacitor if I remember correctly (wish I had photos now). Whatever it was the fuse was marked on the reverse side of the circuit board and in my lamp module this had blown. Anyway I removed the capacitor and replaced the fuse by soldering in a length of the lowest rated fuse wire I had (3amp in my case) and then replaced the capacitor. This solved the problem.

Now I'm not saying that this is your problem since in my case it was a lamp module and you're talking about a CM12 but it may be something to investigate. Obviously this is something you do at your own risk.

Comment

• Andrew70
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2005

Re: problems with cm11

Hi there,
        Yes mine does this periodically. Its a pain in the bum to say the least. The way around it I have discovered is to unplug the unti, remove the batteries. Then reboot your PC. Next replace the batteries, plug the CM12 back in and run your automation software. I use Activehome and find that if I run a comms test the unit will indeed comunicate again. I hope this helps, best of luck.

Comment

Working...
        X