• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean_Roddey
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

CQC supports C-Bus now

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that CQC now has a C-Bus driver. This initial driver is based on the public protocol documentation, but it provides the core functionality most folks would want. We are waiting for Clipsal to get their C-Gate program so that it will run as a service, and then we'll convert over to using that, and expand on the driver features.

Here is the preliminary documentation on the driver. As mentioned there, you will have to register with Clipsal before we can give you the driver (unlike all our other drivers, which just ship with the product) because our drivers are in our own CML language, and it is shipped as source code, and they are a bit paranoid about that. Once we move to the C-Gate version, that will no longer be an issue.
    Dean Roddey
    droddey@charmedquark.com
    The Charmed Quark Controller
  • rhamer
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2004

Re: CQC supports C-Bus now

Hey Dean,

Do I have to pay extra for the C-Bus driver? or is it included in the overall CQC price

Rohan

Comment

• Dean_Roddey
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2004

Gosh, funny you should ask :wink: It's free with the product, as are all CQC drivers. Rohan did the C-Bus driver, so he would be the horse's mouth on this particular driver. What part of the horse that makes me is probably best left undiscussed!
      Dean Roddey
      droddey@charmedquark.com

Comment

• rhamer
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Aug 2004

Quick update.

I have been redesigning my C-Bus lighting page on CQC and thought I would show off a bit.

Cheers

Rohan

Comment

• Otto-Mate
          Founder
          • Jan 2004

Very nice

You using that with a touchscreen?

M.
          Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
          www.twitter.com/ottomate
          www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Dean_Roddey
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2004

BTW, Rohan (who did the C-Bus driver) has been studying the new C-Gate protocol docs and is going to be converting our driver over to work via C-Gate. This will greatly increase the capabilities and also will allow us to openly include the driver in the product (instead of requiring each user to get permission from Clipsal, as is the case now.)
            Dean Roddey
            droddey@charmedquark.com

Comment

Working...
            X