• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beev
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2010

CM15Pro attached to router

I'm still thinking about getting a CM15Pro to enhance my X10 system at home. I understand I can load it up with macros and use it on its own in that way, but if I want to control my X10 devices via an iPhone, for example, I will need it to be connected to my computer.

As my computer is a laptop which moves around and is often switched off, can I instead keep my CM15Pro connected to my router, and access it via wifi in that way?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I guess in theory it may be possible via a USB to ethernet server or similar. I do know people have connected the CM11 to serial to ethernet devices.
    Another option could be to get a Raspberry-Pi and run a program called Misterhouse under Linux.Mind you the hard part might be getting a PI at the moment.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• WokingWounded
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2009

I see Marmitek has announced the TIP10RF which is connected to your router. You control it via a free app on your Android smartphone connecting via your WiFi network and it sends X10 commands to the CM15Pro via RF. Apparently your phone can also send commands to it from anywhere in the world provided you set up appropriate port forwarding in your router. Has anyone tried it yet and if so does it work well?

Comment

Working...
      X