X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Cortex Mobile not realtime updating

I am just trying Cortex Mobile using the new 'trial' license option (great idea) ... I have navigated to say the lights menu within a room but when I change the light status using a switch between on and off it does not change on screen (tried both FireFox and Chrome). It does change if I manually hit 'refresh' however. Being HTML5 (+ websockets ?) based shouldn't this be updating the screen in realtime ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 8 June 2012, 01:20 PM.
  • neilhooper
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2008

Kevin,

In an email that I was having a discussion about another topic, Cortex 26 and Cortex Mobile Karam wrote the following, I'm sure he won't mind me putting it here;

"whilst the mobile option is good for control and requesting data as and when required it is not so good for server push type data - ie. to get up to date object data you would normally have to hit the refresh button manually (or obviously when you go to a new page). In other words the page doesn't change when data in Cortex changes. There may be a way for the refresh to be executed automatically every few seconds which I'm investigating."

I don't know if this has a bearing on your particular situation.

- Neil

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Ahh OK - I misunderstood the basis for the move to HTML5 . Whilst a frequent periodic refresh could achieve the result it's not the way to do these things especially when there are charged data tariffs. Websockets / AJAX would be the preferred route , maybe one for the future..

K

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

Kevin,

My comment to Neil was about the type of usage where you might have something like a pad device mounted on a wall with, say, some signal objects (eg. temperature, metering or such) on display for monitoring purposes. In fact when you do something like turn a light on/off the status should be automatically refreshed after execution. I have just checked a light Turn On/Off sequence on an iPhone and this does change the displayed light status. So for the moment not sure why its not happening in your case.

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

My intended application is quite similar to a wall based controller so a realtime update was desireable. My experience is inkeeping with your explanation. The update isn't happening because I was changing the light state from a switch or other direct control rather than within the mobile application.

K

Comment

Working...
          X