• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bradsalmon
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2010

OT: auto DJ for party

Hi all,

SWMBO and I are hosting a party at the local rugby club in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for something to replace a DJ. Doesn't have to be perfect, just something to mix the songs together.

Has anyone done something like this before? Any suggestions?

So far I'm thinking either -
    - standard multi disc changer, amp and speakers
    - or some idevice or mp3 player with a docking station and amp/speakers for some oomph
    Obviously neither of these will mix the music and so I've been looking for apps from Apple but not confident with anything that I've found so far.

Open to any other ideas.

Thanks,

Brad
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I have used something called Tplayer on a windows 98 system this would auto cue and auto mix tracks. Worked quite well.
    Winamp can do something similar.
    Have you tried googling for auto dj or similar.
    Here is a link for one http://tristarautodj.sourceforge.net/
    And a bit about how it works here http://www.ghacks.net/2011/04/13/aut...xing-software/
    Last edited by toscal; 14 June 2012, 03:33 PM. Reason: Found link for Tplayer
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• neilhooper
      Automated Home Guru
      • Oct 2008

If you're looking for something simple you could use itunes. I haven't used it for a while but I seem to remember that it has an option to cross fade tracks automatically and I think you can add tracks to the play list on the fly or alternatively just let it play all the tracks in a play list. You would, however, need all the music ripped as mp3's. It's OK for us at home here because as we buy a CD etc it gets ripped using Audiograbber and added to our server. We now have about 24gb of music stored. We have an AV receiver which is DLNA compatible so we can play the music in up to three different zones around the house independently.

You could use a PC connected by either it's line out or speaker connections into a suitable amp & speakers to give the oomph you require.

Hope this helps.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
      X