Thread: xAP Hub for Raspberry pi

Automated Home Lurker

In case you're looking for the source I found it on GitHub.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default xAP Hub2

I thought I'd have a go at moving Brett's xap-hub to the ARM platform and it went without too much difficulty, other than static library linking, with a few extensions to base UID on IP address to allow multiple Pi's without needing config. I'm using it on openelec (xbmc) as I'm part way through creating a xAP plugin for xbmc and wrestling with Python(!). I'd previously used a hub based on an assortment of code but this one should be able to track any changes.

Attached is the binary for anyone interested, together with the startup script for openelec.

Regards,

Lehane
    xaphub2.zip

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by g8kmh View Post
    I thought I'd have a go at moving Brett's xap-hub to the ARM platform and it went without too much difficulty, other than static library linking, with a few extensions to base UID on IP address to allow multiple Pi's without needing config. I'm using it on openelec (xbmc) as I'm part way through creating a xAP plugin for xbmc and wrestling with Python(!). I'd previously used a hub based on an assortment of code but this one should be able to track any changes.

Attached is the binary for anyone interested, together with the startup script for openelec.

Regards,

Lehane
    xaphub2.zip
    Excellent thanks for posting.

A xAP plugin for XMBC also sounds *REALLY* intersting please keep us informed of your progress. Having xAP connectivity would allow me to have XBMC show my electric usage and solar generation in realtime as well as controlling the lights etc.

Thanks
    Marcus

Automated Home Jr Member

I have some of the code working but I'm not happy with the 'Play' notifications at the moment. I'll look at the OSD piece and maybe do an Alpha release in a couple of weeks time.

Lehane

Quote Originally Posted by g8kmh View Post
    I have some of the code working but I'm not happy with the 'Play' notifications at the moment. I'll look at the OSD piece and maybe do an Alpha release in a couple of weeks time.

Lehane
    Any news Lehane .. just after an update really.

BTW Did you port iServer too as well as the xAP hub ? A few projects are merging where a small embedded xAP iServer would be really useful.

Kevin

Automated Home Lurker

The whole HAH livebox system can be compiled easily for the Pi and Beaglebone, both ARM systems.
    The kloned webserver is a direct port from the Livebox and as of this posting I've not had a chance to rework it, so there are things in there that are a bit off when used on a Pi etc..

http://www.dbzoo.com/livebox/portable