• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Cortex 26.1.2 xAP changes

For users of xAP within Cortex this is to inform you that from Cortex version 26.1.2 the UID has been changed.
    For xAP enabled objects the UID is derived from the objects internal identification number.
    To allow for multiple end points within an object the UID has been increased by two hex characters.
    So a UID that was of the form...

uid=FF.1234:6F2C

now becomes

uid=FF.1234:6F2C00

Many users may be using the source= address identification and will therefore be unaffected.

Viv
  • neilhooper
    Automated Home Guru
    • Oct 2008

Viv,

Does this mean that if, for example, objects like HVAC and Motor Control could be xAP enabled ( hint hint ;-) ) to give control over all of their many functions i.e. not just on / off / toggle / dim / bright ?

- Neil

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

Just a heads up for any xAPFlash users and anyone beta testing the iOS app. Within the configuration XML (or button properties for iOS) you have to include both the source and UID for a BSC device. Control of the device uses the source but recognition/status of the device is updated based on it's UID. So you will have to add 00 to the end of the UID for any Cortex objects once this change happens or you'll lose status updates.

Any C-Bus / HomeVision / IHC xAPGateway users should also update any Cortex UID's that are being used. The gateway intelligently derives the source address from the UID so in this case both control and status will cease to function if you don't.

If you have preset filters configured in iServer or xServer these use UID's too. Apart from these I think most other apps use source as the identifier.

All in all it's a worthwhile change as it allows Cortex to expose additional information in a structured manner, allowing future flexibility.

K
      Last edited by Kevin; 28 June 2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Viv
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by neilhooper View Post
        Viv,

Does this mean that if, for example, objects like HVAC and Motor Control could be xAP enabled ( hint hint ;-) ) to give control over all of their many functions i.e. not just on / off / toggle / dim / bright ?

- Neil
        I believe the HVAC and Motor Control object would require a schema to be defined for them as their complexity is not satisfied by the default basic xAPBSC.

However the Cortex xAP control object allows you to define your own schemas and connect them to Cortex objects via the connections. This allows only the properties you are interested in controlling to be defined. Therefore any Cortex object may be xAP enabled but requires a little work.

Viv

Comment

• neilhooper
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2008

Viv,

I did start to look at that but got very stuck very quickly see http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...o-for-xAPFlash. Perhaps it's my lack of understanding. If you would be so kind; could you give me some pointers in the right direction as I would really like to be able to do this and I am willing to put the work in to achieve it.

- Neil

Comment

Working...
          X