Thread: Status updates showing but nothing else.

Default Status updates showing but nothing else.

Has anybody started experiencing the following;

First a bit of background information. I have xAPFlash set up to toggle various lights and display temperature information etc. As I 'fine tune' Cortex I find that I am needing to toggle lights less often as the automation is now working quite nicely. I have started to look at other things that I want xAPFlash to control, things that the automation can't necessarily handle (See my other posts).

All statuses are being updated correctly but button presses do not seem to be being recognised by Cortex. I haven't changed anything in the last few days (time constraints) but I tried to use a button tonight that has bee working perfectly and .... nothing. I've tried all my other buttons and they are not working either.

I'm not sure if this is since the 26.1.3 update or not as I know everything was fine on Tuesday 26th, SWMBO's birthday, when we had lots of people around and a few couldn't help playing with the tablet mounted on the wall. Update 26.1.3 was Thursday but I can't honestly say that I've needed to use any buttons until tonight.

I've done the usual, stopped and restarted the network and closed and restarted Cortex. I haven't rebooted the Cortex PC yet but may try later.

I'm just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem?

- Neil

Had guests staying for a few days plus I need to do a bit of work updating my xAP UID's based on the Cortex changes so I haven't been playing with Cortex in the last few days too much. I noticed one issue in the previous update (that expanded the sub addresses) where source addresses had a '.' appended but I believe Vivian fixed that really fast. It would cause the issue you mentioned though as control uses the source address identifier.

xAP Viewer is a very good tool to ascertain if the issue lies with Cortex or xAPFlash. I'll be running with the updated Cortex in the couple of days and I'll let you know if I find anything similar...

K

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I noticed one issue in the previous update (that expanded the sub addresses) where source addresses had a '.' appended but I believe Vivian fixed that really fast. It would cause the issue you mentioned though as control uses the source address identifier.
    K
    I had that problem as well, yes he did fix it very fast and all was fine.

xAP Viewer is a very good tool to ascertain if the issue lies with Cortex or xAPFlash.
    K
    I've been checking XFX and the messages are being sent by xAPFlash but Cortex is not responding for some reason. We've been doing some electrical work today so everything has been switched off, even a complete shut down hasn't cured it, not that I thought it would.

I'll let you know if I find anything similar...

K
    Thanks, I've only asked on the forum to see if anybody else is having the problem before I email Viv.

- Neil

I've now emailed Viv with a copy of my database and he gave me an example of a message that he used on one of my network objects. However, in his example he had omitted the two (new) 0's on the end of the UID. If I remove my newly added 0's from my UID's then the button presses work again, however, (again), the status does not get updated on the buttons. At this point I'm what I would call 'in between a rock and a hard place'.

I've emailed him again with this new information and I'm currently awaiting his reply.

I'll update the forum when I know more.

Judging by the lack of replies I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that I'm the only person using xAPFlash, or am I ?

- Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilhooper View Post
    he gave me an example of a message that he used on one of my network objects. However, in his example he had omitted the two (new) 0's on the end of the UID. If I remove my newly added 0's from my UID's then the button presses work again, however, (again), the status does not get updated on the buttons. At this point I'm what I would call 'in between a rock and a hard place'.
    You didn't include his xapBSC.cmd message so I'm not absolutely sure ... but did you mean in the ID= parameter ? The ID value must either be '*' or the full address including all 0's for the sub address (the hex digits after the eg ID=2A00 or ID=002A .. The status updates based on a complete and exact UID match so again that is behaving as expected. Sounds like there's a bit extra for Viv still to complete in the Cortex code change.

Judging by the lack of replies I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that I'm the only person using xAPFlash, or am I ?
    - Neil
    Your issue is of course specific to Cortex and there are only three people that I know of using xAPFlash with that... but quite a few using xAPFlash... . However getting people to decloak is quite difficult K
    Last edited by Kevin; 5th July 2012 at 12:17 AM.

Sorry about that;

Viv's message:

{
    v=13
    hop=1
    uid=FF.0738:0000
    class=xAPBSC.cmd
    source=Idratek.Broca.IDRATEK-XPS
    target=Idratek.Cortex.IDRATEK-XPS:World.House.Ground.Kitchen.DiningLight3
    }
    output.state.1
    {
    ID=014F
    STATE=TOGGLE
    }

My message generated from xAPFlash:

{
    v=13
    hop=1
    uid=FF.0738:0000
    class=xAPBSC.cmd
    source=UKUSA.xAPFlash.ahscs5
    target=Idratek.Cortex.DYLAN1:World.House.Ground.Ki tchen.DiningLight3
    }
    output.state.1
    {
    ID=014F00
    state=toggle
    }

Note; There shouldn't be a space in the word 'Kitchen' in the target address. Everytime I try to post it to the forum it appears although it's not there when I edit it. I've noticed lot's of little gremlins appearing in my posts since the forum software was 'upgraded' !!!

- Neil
    Last edited by neilhooper; 5th July 2012 at 12:26 AM.

The second message is correct and is the one that Cortex should now be recognising as the updated Cortex uses 6 digits for it's UID endpoints. Hopefully a quick fix for Vivian.

K

Today's update has fixed the problem and button presses are now working again.

- Neil.