• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by will the lights in the [B
    Porch[/B] still be available for control by Cortex Mobile (as I think Cortex Mobile might only provide control over House objects?
    Your Porch will be available via Structure view under the 'World' provided it is enabled for web access.
    Similarly the light will be aviable in the Porch.
    You could make the light directly available via a home screen catagory.

Viv

Comment

• marcuslee
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Viv View Post
      Your Porch will be available via Structure view under the 'World' provided it is enabled for web access.
      Similarly the light will be aviable in the Porch.
      You could make the light directly available via a home screen catagory.

Viv
      Thanks Viv.

Also, in heeding the warnings about adding a Room to World, is there any value in adding a Floor to World first?

Comment

• marcuslee
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2009

You Add the porch (Room) to the WORLD. That is, not owned by the House. The House evaluates the rooms it owns to determin its occupied state. So rooms it does not own do not influence the house occupied state.

The Porch or Yard or Garden can benefit from the room occupied behaviour if required without upsetting the House occupied state by not being owned by the house.

The normal tracking logic can track a person leaving the hall through the front door into the Porch. The Hall becomes unoccupied. The Hall Porch door closing is an external door and informs the House to re-evaluate its occupied state. The Porch has someone in it. The always open door means the Porch occupancy will eventually timeout. The Always open door only has the Porch connected to it with 'This is an external door checked in connections.

This setup is so you can manage outside lights in the Porch area.
        Has anyone else configured this? I have, but I've come across a few times now where I've found the Porch's light on with a Must Be Occupied.

I can't really think how it would trigger to the Must Be Occupied, the porch only has a PIR Motion sensor and Front Door to house connected to it.

Also on that note, is it possible to see what within Cortex, was the trigger for Must Be Occupied?

Cheers,

Marcus

Comment

• Viv
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by marcuslee View Post
          Also on that note, is it possible to see what within Cortex, was the trigger for Must Be Occupied?
          Marcus
          Must be occupied is determined by a motion in the room and then either no way out or doors closed.
          If you do not have a virtual door (always open) from the porch to the outside world then this is probably the cause.

Viv.

Comment

• marcuslee
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Dec 2009

Must be occupied is determined by a motion in the room and then either no way out or doors closed.
            If you do not have a virtual door (always open) from the porch to the outside world then this is probably the cause.

Viv.

Hmm and this is what's puzzling as I have 2 VDoors, one:
            - This is an external door checked
            - Opens into Front Porch
            - Door state to Rooms and Alarm: Front Porch - Door State input
            - greyed open
            and another one, which is similar but no external door checked, but going to Front Driveway room, which itself is setup as above (so in other words 1 hop away from External door)

Oddly also is that I've seen it work both normally, but also occasionally coming up with this Must be occupied

Comment

• Viv
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Dec 2004

Hmm and this is what's puzzling as I have 2 VDoors
              Check out your doors. You may have specified the 'Door opens out from' and 'The Door opens into' Rooms correctly.
              This information tells Cortex the routing information between rooms.
              But you may have missed the 'Door state to rooms and Alarm' connection which typically will also need to state both rooms.
              This output connection from the door informs the room about any change of state etc even though its not a real door.
              If you run the Analyse database and network design you may get a message something like...
              Front Porch VDoor1 State is not reported to Front Porch.

Visit the Door behaviour menu. Click help button. Click Door Connections.

Viv

Comment

• marcuslee
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2009

Check out your doors. You may have specified the 'Door opens out from' and 'The Door opens into' Rooms correctly.
                This information tells Cortex the routing information between rooms.
                But you may have missed the 'Door state to rooms and Alarm' connection which typically will also need to state both rooms.
                This output connection from the door informs the room about any change of state etc even though its not a real door.
                If you run the Analyse database and network design you may get a message something like...
                Front Porch VDoor1 State is not reported to Front Porch.

Visit the Door behaviour menu. Click help button. Click Door Connections.

Viv
                Thanks Viv, I think that was it - for the external connecting doors, because the This is an external door... checkbox is at the top, I had the top Door opens out from bit blank and filled the Door opens into box filled for those instances.

But indeed checking the help it quite distinctly says to do it the other way round.

I wonder if it's possible (or is this even correct to do so), that when one clicks the external door checkbox, the particular fill in box, goes grey preventing someone from entering data in there?

Comment

• Viv
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Dec 2004

I wonder if it's possible (or is this even correct to do so), that when one clicks the external door checkbox, the particular fill in box, goes grey preventing someone from entering data in there?
                  I do not think correct. My front door is recorded as an external door. But it has hall on one side and Porch on the other. I want it to evaluate House, Alarm etc when this door is closed.

Viv

Comment

• marcuslee
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Dec 2009

I do not think correct. My front door is recorded as an external door. But it has hall on one side and Porch on the other. I want it to evaluate House, Alarm etc when this door is closed.

Viv
                    OH yeah of course, I'd forgotten about that.

Comment

Working...
                    X