• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzzbombkirk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2005

Two RF Receivers Conflict?

I did a quick search but didn't see anything about this...

Here's the deal - I have multiple rf receiver units and if more than one is plugged in weird weird stuff happens.

More detail -

These are the receivers that have only the house code switch, and the on off switch, an antenna, and a plug. Whatever is plugged into that plug is always device #1 on that house code. OK, so I want to keep everything on house code A. Two different rooms right next to each other. I plug in one rf receiver, everything in that room works great, but nothing in the other room responds at all.

Move the receiver to the other room, everything in the other room works great but not in the first room. So I get another receiver, and have two plugged in at the same time, one in each room. Chaos ensues.

Even a slight tap of the dim button makes the device either dim until it is off, or just turn straight off. Some devices respond to commands, others dont.

So as a test I take the two receivers and plug them in right next to each other in the same room. Same thing. So I replace the rf receivers. Same thing.

Called smarthome and they said I need a signal amplifier?

Anyways I appreciate any help on this guys. Thanks
    Kirk
Working...
X