Help me identify my TRVs - are they compatible with Honeywell Evohome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonySmith
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2007

Help me identify my TRVs - are they compatible with Honeywell Evohome?

Hi,

Can anyone identify these TRVs that we have in service, fitted by previous owner(s). Better still can anyone say if these are compatible with Honeywell HR80 actuators? We have two different sorts in service, most are this sort, branded "Reglo" ...

IMG_1075-CROP-1280.jpgIMG_1074-CROP-1280.jpg

But there are also two Danfoss both of the type shown here ...

IMG_1076-CROP-1280.jpg IMG_1077-CROP-1280.jpg

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to getting some decent controls in place now that the pipework is sorted out (you wouldn't believe the system the previous owner left us with!).

Tony S
  • JohnnyP
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2008

I'd have a look on www.mjtcontrols.co.uk - that's where I identified my Danfoss valves.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
      • Feb 2009

The Danfoss valves should not be a problem, there are adapters for these bodies supplied with the HR80s.

The Reglo TRV looks like it uses a threaded connection, if this is the industry standard threads as used by Honeywell and others then the HR80 should fit directly. If it is any other type then unless you can find details of the thread size and valve stroke then it is not possible to say if Honeywell have an adapter. Having said that an adapter is usually more than a new valve although you would have to drain the radiators to fit them. Then again t least you know the valve will be a good quality replacement too, many older valves soon get "sticky" stopping them from working well even when you fit the HR80.
      Sensible Heat
      SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• TonySmith
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2007

The Reglo TRVs do have a threaded connection, male on the body and a female sleeve on the head. I'm not quite sure how to measure the thread, it's about 30mm overall, but there's not enough length to meaningfully count tpi.

Comment

Working...
        X