Thread: Extractor Fan Control

Default Extractor Fan Control

Hi all,

I want the bathroom extractor to turn on when ever the bathroom shower is turned on (I have a flow sensor that detects this) and then to stay on till the relative humidity level drops to a given level if it's already higher than that level or to turn off immediately if the relative humidity is below the set level.

The bathroom lights are on 2 QRI connections (thinking of moving them to a QLD but not sure if it'll be of any use to us), the extractor is on another QRI connection.

I've been looking at this on and off for a little while now but have not managed to get my head around how to achieve this. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nad

Quote Originally Posted by Nad View Post
    Hi all,

I want the bathroom extractor to turn on when ever the bathroom shower is turned on (I have a flow sensor that detects this) and then to stay on till the relative humidity level drops to a given level if it's already higher than that level or to turn off immediately if the relative humidity is below the set level.

The bathroom lights are on 2 QRI connections (thinking of moving them to a QLD but not sure if it'll be of any use to us), the extractor is on another QRI connection.

I've been looking at this on and off for a little while now but have not managed to get my head around how to achieve this. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nad
    You could try using the dedicated Fan Object. This would be attached to the relay in the QRI controlling the Fan.
    I assume the flow sensor is connected to a digital input on the QRI. This will be attached to a digital input object.
    In the Fan Object Connections connect its 'Other input' to the Digital inputs 'Output logic state'.
    So when the flow is detected it will inform the Fan's 'control by other input' to turn on. When the flow stops the fan would go off.
    You can then also allow the fan to also operate based upon Humidity. As will be seen in the Fan Controls Humidity options there are many choices.

What this does mean though the fan could come on if the humidity is high even though no flow was initially detect. I would expect this could be included by other means if required.

Viv.