Thread: Waf

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

Default Waf

our Idratek set-up is gaining points, of the WAF kind ...

ie: our yard has a gate that's motorised, and has the usual keys & remote, safety-beams, etc ...

it works quite well, but SWMBO gets impatient with it ...

and, in frustration, today, asked why on earth we couldn't have Cortex sort it properly ...

we've an XRM sitting here, waiting to be installed in the AUI ...

when that's done, we'll be able to connect the gate operator to Cortex (via digital inputs & relays) ...

and so get something, in the usual ways, more convenient / less labour-intensive ...

anyway, whatever, just to mention it - ie: that SWMBO is now taking Cortex reliability & sensibleness for granted !

Most gate motor controllers have a speed setting, are you able to see what speed setting its on, sometimes its a jumper setting, on others you have to press a few buttons to adjust speed. Normally you have fast or slow, but some do have three speeds, fast, slow and even slower (though why on earth you would want the really slow setting I have no idea).
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

>anyway, whatever, just to mention it - ie: that SWMBO is now taking Cortex reliability & sensibleness for granted !

Slightly similar -- Friday, we were chugging our way homewards up the A26 in France after a week away, the wife driving, I picked up the iPad, connected to Cortex and took the heating out of "fallback" mode so it would warm up before we got home.
    Wife said "if only we could do that with the hot water too"....
    Jon

Oh? Why if?

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    Oh? Why if?
    Because she doesn't know that it's just not done yet because I've not got around to it....
    Jon

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

interesting - that's the first I've heard of someone actually using the iOS app ...

how do you find it ?

BTW, when we came to install the XRM in the AUI, we found it wouldn't fit (!) ... so had to fall-back & use one of the the two Cat-5e cables we'd run just-in-case, to connect to two relays in a DRH we found space for in Node0 ... grrh ! A DRH because we had no spare relays in Node0, and no unused DRBs ...
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 5th November 2012 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    interesting - that's the first I've heard of someone actually using the iOS app ...
    Just to be picky Chris its a server side program that work just as well on Android as iOS.

Viv

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post

how do you find it ?
    Ah... sorry to disappoint, but I was still on v25, so the iPad "app" I was using was an RDP client, VPN-ing to my windows xp VM.....
    The "mobile" stuff in v26 does look interesting though...
    Jon