Clear All
  • alexperi
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2005

All-in-one Cable

Hi all,
    I am looking on installing an all-in-one cable consisting of 4 cables:
    (2x Cat5e or Cat6 + 2x CT100 or RG-6)
    Ideally all 4 cables be enclosed in another PVC cover to make it nice and neat.

I can’t seem to find any UK website which sells this all-in-one cable where as so many American websites sell it. Do you know of any to recommend?
    Thanks,
    Alex
  • vex
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2005

Re: All-in-one Cable

Hi Alex

What sort of length are you looking for?

A manufacturer of mine makes a cable that has 2 x CAT5e's and a Sky / CAI approved Coax attached to each other.

The advantage of it is that is comes as a ribbon, looks like this 0-O-0 that wil roll into a triangular shape and fit through a 12mm hole.

Also where are you based? As I would need to supply via one of my installers

Chris
    www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
    NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• alexperi
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2005

Sorry Chris for the very late reply, I am based in London and I am looking for 750m of 2x RG6 Quad Shielded + 2x Cat5e All-In-One Cable. I am not looking for installation. Just interested in buying the wire itself.
      Cheers,
      Alex

Comment

• vex
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2005

I am not sure that exists here in the UK.

I will have a word with my Beldon rep and see if they bring it in.

I would be a little cautious with RG6, although it works perfectly well it is not approved for either Sky or Freeview and as such voids warrenties.

For warrentied systems CAI approved cable must be used, with the PAD TV cable I describe about is.

I'll keep you posted.

Chris
        NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• alexperi
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2005

Hi Chris
          I had the impression that the RG6 Quad Shielded was better specs than the CT100
          Regards,
          Alex

Comment

• vex
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by alexperi
            Hi Chris
            I had the impression that the RG6 Quad Shielded was better specs than the CT100
            Regards,
            Alex
            I believe you are right, but that is in Cable TV land and IIRC it is only tested and certified up to 1 Ghz (frequency) Any of the CAI 'benchmarked' cables are tested up to 2Ghz at least, possible up to 2.4Ghz.

I don't want to put you off your cable choice, as it is a good cable, just warn you of the implications.

If I get chance I'll get an up date on the RG6 cable that you are talking about and if you are at the show pop on to 3110 and I'll tell you what I know.

Chris

Comment

• alexperi
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2005

Thanks for highlighting that to me Chris and will try to find time to come around.

About the cable specs i noticed that on a lot of the US websites that sell RG6 Quad Shielded, include the specs for up to 2Ghz for this cable.

What is the best European standard that can go around the house? And is there such an all in one cable?

Cheers,
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X