• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcaswell
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2012

Conrad FHZ1000 Radio control centre

I thought that I would give some feedback on the Conrad FHZ 1000 setup I bought recently. It was sent quickly, and works very well, but I have one immense frustration - all the menu selections are in German. It would not have been very difficult to translate them to English (and indeed other languages) - shows that they are not really trying to serve an international market.

Having said that, it really does what I want - if I could find a similar system that has English menu selections, I would go for it. Anyone know of one? If not, I will probably buy more of them
  • fredd500
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2009

It seems that the Germans have put much more R&D into heating control and us brits are more than happy with our dated central thermostat and TRV set up. There seems to be two ways to go with this. Wait for the fabled LightwaveRF stuff to hit the market (don't plumb for their current offering, it's due to be replaced and is currently no where near as good as the Conrad offering) or take a look at the US market. The problem with the latter is that it is very much aimed at controlling heat and cooling which most of us don't have.

In the mean time, I've learned what menu options I want even through I don't know what they actually mean!
    Chris

Automating my home in a family friendly way - My blog: http://www.cpmills.com/

Comment

• Smacombe
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2012

\\Is this the manual you are looking for ?

Hope it helps

Comment

• jcaswell
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Sep 2012

Smacombe - thank you for this - I had the English manual, it is the menu selections on the equipment that are in German that frustrate me.

Comment

Working...
        X