• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peter Taylor
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2012

Evotouch and BDR91 for boiler control - binding

Hope someone can help. I installed a Honeywell RF control system comprising two Evotouch controllers 13 rad valves (5 of which are linked to 3 separate room stats) I did this a year ago and everything has been perfect until last week. Then out of the blue several radiator controllers (some on each Evotouch) stopped feeding back current temperature to the controllers. I have replaced all batteries and gone through the binding process again and all but one valve are now reconnected, but some still drop out unexpectedly.

Then the BDR91 boiler controller lost its RF link and although I installed it a year ago I cannot remember how to bind it to the system. The Honeywell manuals are useless and seem to suggest I have to bind the BDR with each zone, whereas I am sure I just bound it with the Evotouch controllers.

So, can anybody explain why suddenly all round the house I am having RF problems after a year of perfect operation? AND how do I rebind the BDR91

Please, pretty please!
    Thanks
    Peter
  • mattice
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2013

Just noticed the date on this but thought I would reply as I was in this position last night.

Press and hold the BDR91 button for 15 seconds, it starts flashing with a short plash and 1s pause - this resets it.
    Now set it to binding mode by pressing and holding the button for 5s. you will get a 1s flash and 1s off etc.
    Now trigger the binding on the evotouch module by pressing and holding the menu button on the panel for 10s. and then finding the bind menu.

Comment

Working...
    X