• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDriver
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2012

Advice for an experienced user who has run out of puff

Hello there, I'm new to the forum after extensive use in the 1999 - 2002 period, when I installed a Homevision and Cumfort system. Since them technology has moved on, HV is no longer made or supported, X10 annoys the hell out of me, ands in short the system need a thourough overhaul and update.
    My question is this, given that there is a huge spread of proprietory and open source HA options, and that life is too short to re-learn it all myself, how do I go about finding a systems integrator who will come up with the best option rather then the option which they happen to sell?
  • Wexfordman
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2005

I was pretty much in EXACT same position as you! Initially in 2000/2001 built my house around x10,homevision and comfort, and overtime got rid of homevision. Also wanted to get rid of x10, but keep comfort, so did a bit of research and chose an alterntaive to x10 (had always looked at cbus or eib, but found it to be way too expensive for me).

Anyway, wrote a bit of an overview of my move from x10 you can see it here if you want

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

there are lots of options for different technologies, and lots of pros/cons etc, so the above is just my experience.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

I think a solution similar to Wexfordman would probably suit you since you have the Comfort system.
      I rather like the Loxone system and its not that hard to learn, as the online video tutorials are great. I hope to get my hands on one early next year. You can have a play with the config software without the need for the miniserver. And there is also a built in simulator so you can simulate the set up before you upload it to the miniserver.
      The only other one I like is Idratek, and this has its own forum space on here.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• JDriver
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2012

Wexfordman, that is a very interesting document. My only grumble with Comfort is the unfriendly programming interface, but having said that I have a first generation board and configurator 1. I will look much closer at the options surrounding Comfort, if I can find a local dealer.

Comment

Working...
        X