• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dafatdude
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2005

X10 API not correctly installed - Windows

Hi guys, first post

I've installed the X10 API from http://x10.homelinux.org as per the instructions and i can't seem to get it working. I copied the comm.jar ile to the APIs lib directory but it wont automatically run it without putting it in the classpath.

I have added the java home installation to my PATH system variable. I have also correctly copied the win32com.dll to the java install bin/ directory and the comm.jar and properties file to the java lib/ directory.

I emailed the creator and was told to remove all copies of java.exe and javaw.exe from my C:\WINDOWS directory and did so. However, this didn't do a thing so i'm kinda stuck atm. I need to get this up and running for uni so it's kinda important.

Here are the errors i get:

Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\aaron\My Documents\Downloads\Programming Tools\tjx10p-
    12\tjx10p-12\examples\server>java -classpath ..\..\lib\x10.jar;..\..\lib\comm.ja
    r;. X10SerialServer COM1
    Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: No Such Port: null
            at x10.CM11ASerialController.<init>&#40;CM11ASerialController.java&#58;121&#41;
            at X10SerialServer.main&#40;X10SerialServer.java&#58;37&#41;
    if i dont include comm.jar in the classpath (as per instructions) i get this error:

Code:
    C&#58;\Documents and Settings\aaron\My Documents\Downloads\Programming Tools\tjx10p-
    12\tjx10p-12\examples\server>java -classpath ..\..\lib\x10.jar;. X10SerialServer
     COM1
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError&#58; javax/comm/Unsupporte
    dCommOperationException
            at X10SerialServer.main&#40;X10SerialServer.java&#58;37&#41;
    By the way i am running these from the directory that the application jar files are in.

Anyone seen these errors before?
  • Kev
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2005

Re: X10 API not correctly installed - Windows

Did you ever find out the answer ? I'm getting the same using WinXP. I know my device is on COM4 and works ok, because the purchased interface (ActiveHome) works OK....
    Thanks, Kevin.

Just found out the answer - to add the javax.comm.properties file to the <jdk>/jre/lib directory, as well as the <jdk>/lib directory (as well as adding win32com.dll to <Windows>/system32 directory.

Comment

Working...
    X