• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourtears
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2010

Light sensing blinds to close when dark

Hi,

Has anyone come across a simple motorised roller blind that closes for privacy when it senses DARK outside? Somfy and other off the shelf products seem to do the opposite i.e close blinds when bright sunlight is detected. The reason I don't want to use timers is that the particular window is often quite dark when it is cloudy and I want the blinds to close then too. Basically want them closed whenever there isn't good light outside.

Tim
  • bmcomp
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2004

Hi Tim,

I have had a Silent Gliss Autoglide curtain rail for years and it came with a dusk/dawn sensor. It opens my curtains every morning and closes again at night unless I have opened/closed them myself. I don't ever recall seeing ones that do the opposite. But then again I haven't looked at any in a few years.

Cheers
    B

Comment

• fourtears
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2010

Thanks b. yes the curtain ones seem to do it that way (which is what i want but on a blind.) Most of the controls for blinds seem to work the opposite way. I'm not sure if there is a light sensor option on the silent gliss motorised roller blinds I couldn't see one on their web site.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Why not get a dawn dusk sensor for switching on or off lights and hook this up to the blinds. You may need to connect the sensor to a mains relay, then to the motor controller.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X