• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

DFPH button , LED Connections, sources

Hi All,

I've got Button 10 used to activate a menu.

The menu includes a bunch toggle light options (a bunch of exterior lights eg driveway, side gate etc).

I'd like the Button 10's LED to be illuminated if any of the lights in the menu are on. To server as a reminder there's something in that menu which is still on.

Is this possible?

[I've tried a bunch of cascaded OR General Logic Gates of the Lights > Set State (Output), hoping that I could the connect this as the input to the LED connection, but alas isn't an available option in Cortex?]

Cheers,

Marcus
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Suggest when in menu and options presented to toggle respective lights, press button with circle to get status of the lights.

Viv

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

It should also work ok with the OR gates - perhaps what's confusing is that the LED connections are found under the heading of 'Buttons'? (Also make sure you select the General filter setting for the object connections list)

Comment

• marcuslee
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Karam View Post
        It should also work ok with the OR gates - perhaps what's confusing is that the LED connections are found under the heading of 'Buttons'? (Also make sure you select the General filter setting for the object connections list)
        Ah indeed there it is, thanks Karam.

Reason I couldn't see it was I was looking to make the Connection from the Panel Buttons > LED Connections > Led 10 Follow State > Add... and even with General Filter, I can't see any General Logic gates available (???)

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

Yes, sometimes the object listing is not symmetrical so if you can't find a connection from the source object you should check to see if you can find from the recipient or vice versa.

Comment

• marcuslee
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Dec 2009

Yes, sometimes the object listing is not symmetrical so if you can't find a connection from the source object you should check to see if you can find from the recipient or vice versa.
            Hmm have come across this before, but not sure if I've ever asked the question - is this by design, or is on the to fix list?

Also just to confirm, I did try it out, and it didn't seem to work (I see a final 1 on the last OR output which is connected to Led 10 Follow state.

Should it have / where have I gone wrong
            Last edited by marcuslee; 7 December 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Karam
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2005

Possibly you didn't enable the LED to be user controlled ? (in the button behaviour menu click on the LED icon to get a yellow annulus - user controlled, or twice to get cyan annulus - inverted user controlled)

You have to tell Cortex this because under normal circumstances it is in control of the LEDs so you don't want conflicts.
              Last edited by Karam; 9 December 2012, 12:37 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• marcuslee
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2009

Possibly you didn't enable the LED to be user controlled ? (in the button behaviour menu click on the LED icon to get a yellow annulus - user controlled, or twice to get cyan annulus - inverted user controlled)

You have to tell Cortex this because under normal circumstances it is in control of the LEDs so you don't want conflicts.
                Hi Karam,

Thanks for reply, that was indeed it.

I misinterpreted the help file in so far as I thought one highlighted the button LED, configured the connection, and that was the purpose of the highlighting - to identify which LED connection you wanted to make. Not that it was a means to determine the handover of control of it!

Cheers,

Marcus

Comment

Working...
                X