• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

Reset PTS-001?

Hi All,

Anyone have an idea on how to use the reset button on the above?

Reason for asking, reusing this module, but it's got the same NodeID/hex address as an existing panel.

Didn't realise until I plugged it in.

And I've given the reset button a go with the Node plugged in, just pressing it, also pressing and holding for several seconds etc, but didn't seem to do anything.

I also did actually try unplugging it,
    Tools > Node profile utility...
    reading the existing node on the network with same ID
    Expand Max NID's (Node ID's) ...
    select NID 01 ...
    right-click - change all IDs and Save profile to a new unused hex address

But upon replugging the old node in, I received in the Communications window:
    "< Ground Floor Bathroom GL1 (Power-up)
    < 9107103CCC0571042A"

Which wasn't what I was expecting.

Cheers,

Marcus
  • ludditeal
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2004

Hi Marcus,
    There is a thread on how to reset nodes to factory status which will hopefully help.

I haven't had much need to use the reset button so haven't read up on it, but I thought it was more akin to a reboot of the module rather than resetting any of the NVRAM.
    Cheers
    Allan

Comment

• marcuslee
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ludditeal View Post
      Hi Marcus,
      There is a thread on how to reset nodes to factory status which will hopefully help.

I haven't had much need to use the reset button so haven't read up on it, but I thought it was more akin to a reboot of the module rather than resetting any of the NVRAM.
      Cheers
      Allan
      Ah ok, that's interesting, and indeed yes reset does seem to just reboot vs clearing anything.

Also thanks for link, that was indeed what I was reading, and where I got the Node Profile utility procedure.

Hmm so from here, I think I'm either going to have to:
      1. read up on the Comms codes to decipher the string to figure out what's happening and drill further down into it
      or
      2. Run up a virgin test network (I bought enough kit to do so, but so far not had the time to set it all up), and untangle it all that way.

Comment

• Viv
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2004

Try in the bottom left had side of the main screen.
        Enter PCIF command code.

Ensure network stopped.
        Ensure the Module which has the correct address is unplugged from the system
        The module which you want to reset to Factory settings in plugged in and you know its address say 1040.

1. In the command window right click. Select packet to network | FA implicit ID. FA should appear in window.
        2. Right click. Select 90 point to point packet.
        3. Right click. Select the module with the incorrect address (say 1040)
        4. Right click. Select 4400 Ack required. 4 repeats on error.
        5. Right click. Select Module Reset | 06000000FF Restore factory parameter set after next reset.
        6. The packet to be sent should look something like... FA901040440006000000FF
        7. Right click. Select Transmit.

Then go and press the reset button on the bottom of the module.
        In the communications window it should report a module powered up with address FFFE.

If in Main menu | Tools | Network Supervisor you have Packets received - network stopped | Power up response from unknown node | Promot user to assigned node. checked, then you will be offered to set its address and place it in a room.

Viv.
        Last edited by Viv; 11 December 2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• marcuslee
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Viv View Post
          Try in the bottom left had side of the main screen.
          Enter PCIF command code.

Ensure network stopped.
          Ensure the Module which has the correct address is unplugged from the system
          The module which you want to reset to Factory settings in plugged in and you know its address say 1040.

1. In the command window right click. Select packet to network | FA implicit ID. FA should appear in window.
          2. Right click. Select 90 point to point packet.
          3. Right click. Select the module with the incorrect address (say 1040)
          4. Right click. Select 4400 Ack required. 4 repeats on error.
          5. Right click. Select Module Reset | 06000000FF Restore factory parameter set after next reset.
          6. The packet to be sent should look something like... FA901040440006000000FF
          7. Right click. Select Transmit.

Then go and press the reset button on the bottom of the module.
          In the communications window it should report a module powered up with address FFFE.

If in Main menu | Tools | Network Supervisor you have Packets received - network stopped | Power up response from unknown node | Promot user to assigned node. checked, then you will be offered to set its address and place it in a room.

Viv.
          Thanks Viv.

What happens if one doesn't know the address of the old node?

Also is there a command reference for the Comms window? I'm sure I thought I'd come across one in the past when I was reading up, but trying to find it now seems to allude me (or was it just hints towards some of the packets that I came across).

The reason I ask also is I would absolutely swear by the copy and paste above, where I received that packet sequence when I plugged the old node in.

Comment

• Viv
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Dec 2004

>>>>> What happens if one doesn't know the address of the old node?

With the network stopped unplug and plug the module in.
            In the comms window will appear a message like...

17:36:32:875 < 91081058FC0009002B31
            17:36:32:890 < Utility QRH DIN Module (Power-up)

Rather than decode the packet to find the address simply visit the module name properties.

>>>>>> Also is there a command reference for the Comms window?

Help | Contents | Support Menus | Command Insight

However this does not detail the individual module packets.

Viv

Comment

• marcuslee
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Viv View Post
              >>>>> What happens if one doesn't know the address of the old node?

With the network stopped unplug and plug the module in.
              In the comms window will appear a message like...

17:36:32:875 < 91081058FC0009002B31
              17:36:32:890 < Utility QRH DIN Module (Power-up)

Rather than decode the packet to find the address simply visit the module name properties.

>>>>>> Also is there a command reference for the Comms window?

Help | Contents | Support Menus | Command Insight

However this does not detail the individual module packets.

Viv
              Thanks Viv.

As it turns out, the reason I was confused was that whilst I'd remapped the existing module on the network with the same ID to a new one, I'd left a General Logic gate in (which evidently was mapped to the old NodeID.

Deleting the General Logic gate, and re-adding seemed to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X