Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: xAPTel and xAPSwitcboard

I'm trying to do this from memory which is not a good approach but I haven't used xAPTel in a long while. If you could address the questions I asked it would help refresh my understanding of the schema interactions. Otherwise after the New Year I'll get xAPTel installed and give it a try myself... but I don't have a Pegasus (only a Meteor).

K

Automated Home Jr Member

Kevin,
    Here are answers to the questions.

first message xAPTel broadcasts after start up

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF233201
    class=CTI.info
    source=UKUSA.Tel.voiceall:cawdor
    }
    Line
    {
    Network=PSTN
    Dialler=PSTN
    Country=44
    LineState=
    }

when I click on the dial out in switch board it does not send any messages until I click dial it the broadcasts

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF111300
    Class=CTI.cmd
    Target=ukusa.tel.voiceall:cawdor
    Source=mi4.switchboard.CINEMA-PC
    }
    Dial
    {
    Phone=01xxx xxx424
    Duration=10
    Tag=12
    }

when starting switcchboard and xaptel for the first time if I click dial in switchboard get line busy indicated

have to take phone off hook and back on to clear switchboard busy message
    sitchboard broadcasts
    xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF233201
    class=CTI.event
    }
    Line
    {
    Network=PSTN
    Dialler=PSTN
    Country=44
    LineState=Free
    }

when xaptel starts up first time broadcast
    xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF233201
    class=CTI.event
    }
    Line
    {
    Network=PSTN
    Dialler=PSTN
    Country=44
    LineState=
    }

If I take phone offhook and back on then broadcasts
    xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF233201
    class=CTI.event
    }
    Line
    {
    Network=PSTN
    Dialler=PSTN
    Country=44
    LineState=Free
    }

to make pegasus go off hook

ATH1:

to go on hook ATH0:

to dial a number (do not have to send offhook first)

ATDT:07590601444\r

to hangup
    ATHH0:

tried starting applicaions in the order you suggested, made no difference.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jolly1 View Post
    xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF233201
    class=CTI.info
    }
    Line
    {
    Network=PSTN
    Dialler=PSTN
    Country=44
    LineState=
    }
    This is the message where xAPTel announces it's outgoing lines - note the source address has :cawdor appended and the UID now ends in 01 for this line

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF111300
    Class=CTI.cmd
    Target=ukusa.tel.voiceall:cawdor
    Source=mi4.switchboard.CINEMA-PC
    }
    Dial
    {
    Phone=01xxx xxx424
    Duration=10
    Tag=12
    }
    This is the dial command from Switchboard to xAPTel - again note that there is a Target= parameter in the header that defines which xAPTel instance and the line to use. I don't think you were including this from Girder. This is the message that xAPTel may not be receiving - it's hard to tell if xAPTel is deaf or if the Pegasus is not responding to the dial command.

tried starting applicaions in the order you suggested, made no difference.
    It does actually make a huge difference. It is essential that the first application that is started is the xAP hub (xFX hub) as only the very first launched application can hear xAP messages because it monopolises the xAP port 3639. Thats why we recommend running it as a service at startup. The hub is a special application that relays messages to later applications that start. The classic symptom of a hub not starting first is that only one application (first launched) can hear messages and all others , including xFX Viewer are deaf. As I think you're using both xFX Viewer and xFX hub - and I assume the latest versions then the hub does seem to be installed as latest xFX Viewer needs a working hub to display messages.

Do you have two serial ports on that PC.. or a way to monitor the serial data being sent out the port that the Pegasus is connected to ?

Do you by any chance have two network adaptors installed ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 23rd December 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Kevin,
    Girder starts on pc booting up, so this would be the firt xap application running. disabled xap in girder. Re booted with xAP disabled in Girder

Started xfx hub This is the version from 2008
    Started xAp tel
    Started xapSwitchboard.

In switchboard clicked to dial out which includes info to manually take phone off hook. No reponse from xAPtel.

Set Girder to broadcast message as if from xAPtel. switchboard responded Ok registered an incoming call

Only have one network adapter installed.

I have 8 serial ports. 4 on PCI card and 4 on an ehternet to serial. Pegasus is connected to com 8 on the serial card. I have no way of monitoring serial data.

xFXhub. I will search to find how to install as a service

Other xAP applications,Speedfan, Stock. Weather Girder picks up the traffic from these Application ok.
    Also picks up info from xAPtel.
    Just can't get xAPtel to respond to Switchboard or Girder to dial out.

John

As xAPTel is not dialling what we need to determine is if

1) xAPTel is not receiving xAP messages and hence not seeing the dial request... or

2) It is receiving the message and either ignoring it, or not sending the right command to dial via the Pegasus. I used to have a Pegasus and so I am fairly sure that it should work... particularly as it's a dropdown menu option. You do have the dialler box ticked don't you ?

Being able to monitor the traffic out of the serial port (by connecting the output of one serial port to the input of another) and seeing the results would be the best path forward I think. You should of course see the AT dial commands being sent.

There are also some serial snooper or serial port monitor utilities that also allow you to see this but just offhand I can't suggest which to use... maybe a Google search. These are software interceptors to show what traffic is going out a serial port, no cabling required. I previously used Free Serial Port Monitor but I don't think it supports Win7.

Once I get back from this Xmas/New Year break I'll see if I still have the source code for xAPTel anywhere and I can look further at this issue. ITMT perhaps try one of the above.

No firewall blocks on xAPTel are there ?

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 23rd December 2012 at 07:05 PM.