Thread: Misunderstanding general logic gates

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Misunderstanding general logic gates

Hi all,

Currently the lights in the hall operate based on presence to come on at a dim level (15%) to help me avoid falling over hurdles that the kids leave in place. This is great, but (as ever) I fancy a bit more! I'd light the lights to come on brightly based on presence if the lights are on brightly in any of the three rooms which connect to the hall. I was hoping to use the multiplexer logic gate connected to the dimmers' "set value (output)" for the lights in those rooms. Then have a threshold gate to select a different scene level for the hall lights connected to the maximum output of the multiplexer.

Unfortunately dimmer circuits don't appear as a possible input for either gate. I presumed that as the gates were analogue they'd allow the "set value (input)". I've obviously got the wrong end of the stick. Help!

Peter

I think this is one of those asymmetrical connections, i.e if you can't connect from the gate side then try connect from the dimmer side. So: you can set up your multiplexer gate and give it an appropriate name then visit the More connections for each dimmer and add a connection to the multiplexer via the Set level (output) connection box - ensure that you select the Value filter option and that then should bring up the multiplexer gate as a connectable object. I'll leave the rest to you and you can then perhaps let us know if it achieves the required result in the end.

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks Karam, works a treat!

I needed two thresholds in the end one with the "trigger on true" set and one with the "trigger on false" set to flip between the two scene levels I was after.