Instron x10 devices - anybody used them? Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaffab
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2008

Instron x10 devices - anybody used them? Will this work?

Hi all,

I was interested to see that the Instron X10 devices are now available in the X10 (although currently on back order).

I have tried to find more information, but it all seems... sketchy. Has anybody tried these devices with an existing X10 setup?

I have an SC9000 as an alarm system, and a CM15 as the controller - most plug in devices are the Marmitek plug in modules.

I was wondering if the new Instron X10 devices would be a good way to plug the hole in dead zones/noisy zones - as the devices appear (?!?) to also be RF repeaters - and from what I understand, when they get an X10 command down the wire, will retransmit via a Mesh network to other instron devices via RF, thus give a double chance of success - X10 through the wire PLUS the RF signal.

But there are two many questions - such as....

1) Will the RF interfere with the SC9000 radio signals (for door sensors, key fobs, etc)
    2) Will the Instron devices pick up the X10 signals from the CM15
    3) Am I correct in my belief that it will create a hole-filling RF mesh

Anybody have any answers/tried these devices?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

do you mean Insteon rather than Instron.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jaffab
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2008

Yes, that I do. Insteon
      __________________________________________________ _______________________
      My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

Comment

Working...
      X