Honeywell CM927s system, how to make a bit more advanced ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Honeywell CM927s system, how to make a bit more advanced ?

Hi there,

My central heating system at the moment is controlled by 2 x Honeywell CM927 wireless controllers. I have the house setup in 2 zones, one for upstairs and the other for downstairs, each controlled by it's own CM927 and connected back to my boiler and the 2 zone valves.

I would like to be able to expand the control of the system slightly and was wondering if there would be an easy way to do this? I've had a think on it myself and can't seem to find a way forward that doesn't mean replacing everything.

Things I'd like to consider being able to do are:

* Set the house to Away when I full set the house alarm (Scantronic i-on 16)

* Further zone the house up so I for instance can have the heating come on in the morning except areas, such as the living room.

* Perhaps remotely control it, but to be honest if it is automated enough itself then that's not a high requirement.

Thanks,
    Roy.
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

I was wondering if I could even add a Honeywell EvoHome to the system ?

Could I set the downstairs CM927 to just be a temperature sensor for the EvoHome and Bind the EvoHome controller to the existing downstairs BDR91 that controls that downstairs just now ?

One thing I was wondering was whether I could bind the 2 existing HC60NG's to the EvoHome and set the 2 CM927's to be temperature sensors for it ?

I could then add HR80UK's to rooms and start to zone areas of the house up ?

Thanks,
    Roy.
    Last edited by roydonaldson; 25 January 2013, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X