• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spellinn
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2007

DFP reboot bug?

We've just moved a treadmill to a new "more prominent" location (in an attempt to get us to use it more often!).

As a consequence, it's directly in front of a DFP panel.

I've noticed that when using the treadmill, and thus generating constant movement to the IR sensor, the DFP reboots itself after about 10 minutes. I've seen it do this several times now whilst running on the treadmill.

Is this a bug?

Regards

Neil
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

we've an LED numeral-display - Connected to a QAI - that gives erroneous read-outs when we run a hefty speed-controlled electric motor at the other end of the room ...

not immediately, though - ie: it's fine for a while, then goes awry, but still with some spells of being alright ...
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• spellinn
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2007

Hmm I guess the way to check whether it was mains interference from the motor would be to disconnect the mains from the PSU and run the modules from battery backup for the duration of my workout.

Still, I'm surprised if the PSU was so sensitive to noise it made it through onto the 12V supply for the modules!

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
        Automated Home Legend
        • Dec 2007

yep, we've not had a chance to investigate the causes of ours - the controller for our motor sits not-far from some Idratek modules, of various kinds, but it's inside a metal box & meets all the reg's, so we doubt it's mains-borne ...
        Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
        X