Thread: Cortex WebApi server up on GitHub

Automated Home Jr Member Simon George's Avatar

Default Cortex WebApi server up on GitHub

Hi,

I've finally managed to tidy up my simple server that exposes the existing Cortex XML API over a simpler RESTful WebApi service using JSON. I found this useful in the past when developing an android client - XML is far too verbose for that purpose and JSON is a much better fit.

Anyway, the first version is up on GitHub at https://github.com/simegeorge/CortexWebApi If it's the sort of thing you're interested in, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Cheers,

Simon

Do you have an android app that is using it?

Viv

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Do you have an android app that is using it?

Viv
    Nothing that's in the app store or anything like that, no. I am using it right now from a C# client (to monitor for some boiler problems I'm having) so it is being used semi in anger. What is nice about using JSON (at least in C#) is the ability to use "dynamic" and do things like "some_port_value.CortexAPI.PortEvent.Value" which makes the whole thing a lot easier

Simon

Automated Home Sr Member

Viv - is it possible to integrate this into cortex itself? I am trying to build an android client, but not a lot of time for hobbies! My goal really is to to build some sort of video intercom function within android to work with with my AUI. Currently using Skype, but it is a bit clunky - Skype on android is a pain - another app required to start on boot, no wifi only support, single user only etc. etc. Sip clients work better with android, but trying to get cortex to control a simple client is a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothquark View Post
    Viv - is it possible to integrate this into cortex itself? I am trying to build an android client, but not a lot of time for hobbies! My goal really is to to build some sort of video intercom function within android to work with with my AUI. Currently using Skype, but it is a bit clunky - Skype on android is a pain - another app required to start on boot, no wifi only support, single user only etc. etc. Sip clients work better with android, but trying to get cortex to control a simple client is a pain.
    Not sure how my bridge is going to help you with that : json isn't going to work for shovelling video frames around...

Also, the issues I've put on GitHub are going to need resolving before it's ready for prime time.

Simon