• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Graham
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2004

HVAC feature request

My home heating/cooling is a combination of underfloor and ducted air (both can be run in heat or cooling mode) via geo-thermal / solar (I live in Spain).

I currently have Cortex controlling all of this, but I had to use "HVAC Slave Control" objects for the UFH manifold valves as it was the only way to have both heat and cooling connections.
    I would really like to have the ability to apply "load building", could this feature be added to the "HVAC Slave Control" as it is implemented on the seperate heating and cooling valve objects?
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    My home heating/cooling is a combination of underfloor and ducted air (both can be run in heat or cooling mode) via geo-thermal / solar (I live in Spain).

I currently have Cortex controlling all of this, but I had to use "HVAC Slave Control" objects for the UFH manifold valves as it was the only way to have both heat and cooling connections.
    I would really like to have the ability to apply "load building", could this feature be added to the "HVAC Slave Control" as it is implemented on the seperate heating and cooling valve objects?
    Hi Graham,

Not sure I fully understand the requirement.
    A HVAC object can connect for its heating to a zone valve which in turn may connect to a boiler.
    The boiler and zone valves may be used in combination for load building.
    Similalry the HVAC may connect for cooling to 'Cool zone dampers' which in turn can connect to an air conditioning unit.
    The AC unit and Cool zone dampers may also be used in a load building way.

So not sure why you have used HVAC Slave Controls.
    If you would like to send your database to Idratek with an explanation of why you have used what where, we can review it.

Viv.

Comment

Working...
    X