Thread: xAP SMS for Raspberry Pi

Automated Home Jr Member

Default xAP SMS for Raspberry Pi

Having got a hub working, the next item was an SMS gateway.

Again this is adaptation of the dbzoo livebox code -see http://www.dbzoo.com/livebox/sms However, the easiest way to get an SMS modem connected to a Pi is a 3G stick (aka 3G modem), probably a Huawei, and PAYG SIM. These are a few pounds on *bay. The code checks if the modem is a Huawei and adds some initialisation. Two tty's are generally exposed in Linux and /ttyUSB1 is the one to use in the config file.

Exact usage depends on your distro. I'm using wheezy and xapsmsPi sits in /home/pi and the config file in /etc
    Rename the attachment from zip to gz before unpacking.

Next is an openelec/xbmc media interface, which is 50% done.

Lehane
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by g8kmh; 1st February 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Interesting Lehane - I might give this a go although I'm using a different distro. I have a spare Pi though which I could use.

If you ever get a chance to port the iServer to the Pi (TCP connection to xAP) - that would be a really useful thing I think..

Kevin

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Kevin
    Shouldn't be too difficult based on Brett's work. I'll take a look once I've completed a couple of small apps. I just found an OSD interface for CallerID on my Samsung TV..........

Once you've got a development IDE setup and a static version of the xAPLib the rest is straightforward(ish).

Lehane