Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lutron’s Radio RA in Europe?

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Lutron’s Radio RA in Europe?

Hi I was wondering if Lutron’s Radio RA will be released in Europe (UK) and what type of cost is it in dollars (usually things are same in GBP when released in UK)?

I take it you mean the RadioRa 2 system as the Lutron RadioRa system is no longer available and is in Lutron's legacy products section of their website.
    I think they are planning to bring the RadioRa2 system to Europe in July 2013. They where supposed to showcase the system at ISE2013 . But at the moment it seems the only control system available is for curtains or shades.
    I guess once the system takes off or not then they may bring more of the RadioRa 2 system across the pond or not.
    Can't help with any more than that.

Do you want to install a Lutron system, as there are in my opinion much better systems out there, OK many don't have the ***y look switches of Lutron but you can get pretty close.

Also found this on Hidden Wires
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by toscal View Post
    I take it you mean the RadioRa 2 system as the Lutron RadioRa system is no longer available and is in Lutron's legacy products section of their website.
    I think they are planning to bring the RadioRa2 system to Europe in July 2013. They where supposed to showcase the system at ISE2013 . But at the moment it seems the only control system available is for curtains or shades.
    I guess once the system takes off or not then they may bring more of the RadioRa 2 system across the pond or not.
    Can't help with any more than that.

Do you want to install a Lutron system, as there are in my opinion much better systems out there, OK many don't have the ***y look switches of Lutron but you can get pretty close.

Also found this on Hidden Wires
    Thank you I want to control the lights throughout the house but I dont have a neutral wire (victorian house). I want a robust attractive system. I looked at Zwave but that confused me as there are so many contollers for it (vera etc). I dont want to rewire the house either so I thought that the lutron system has the robustness, the looks and its radio based. I dont like the lightwaverf (I think it looks cheap in the flesh) as it was the initial thing that excited me. Any ideas?

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes thank you for your help.

I was after the Lutron system (or similar) without having to rewire everything as its a retrofit job. What do you think is a good alternative if you dont have a neutral wire in your electrical system? I have seen lightwaverf and I do not like the switches by the way.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Sashaz View Post
    Yes thank you for your help.

I was after the Lutron system (or similar) without having to rewire everything as its a retrofit job. What do you think is a good alternative if you dont have a neutral wire in your electrical system? I have seen lightwaverf and I do not like the switches by the way.
    Have you looked at the Control4 stuff: their existing 'puck' dimmers work behind trad switches or new keypads on standard lighting circuit wiring and any circuits you can rewire to a panel (rather than having run through switches) can use their newly announced DIN-rail panelised system.

I am running a mixture of Control4 (for old trad wired circuits) and Lutron (standard Homeworks QS, in a new kitchen extension where I got to wire it differently) but all integrated in the C4 programming so Lutron calls C4 scenes etc and any C4 control interface can control the Lutron lights too. That there are two systems is invisible from the controls perspective.

C4's zigbee mesh will give you the wireless control.
    Last edited by willbank; 27th March 2013 at 09:24 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

I will investigate that today.

Automated Home Jr Member

I cant find anywhere that sells it. It seems you can only get the dealer to install it. I have an electician that can install for me.

Automated Home Jr Member

I can use a fibaro dimmer and still use it as an on off switch if its connected to a on/off switch I think also?

Automated Home Lurker

I cant find anywhere that sells it. It seems you can only get the dealer to install it. I have an electician that can install for me.
    That is true - dealer installs only but that shouldn't mean it's a write-off. Lutron RA product is pretty much dealer install only as well if you want it to work.

Automated Home Jr Member 21stCenturyElec's Avatar

Hi Sashaz, you can have your electrician fit the C4 stuff and a dealer just do the programming side of it. We are C4 dealers and often work with clients on that basis.

As willbank correctly mentioned the pucks can go behind a switch but to be honest unless you have or can fit a 47mm back box its not a great. When its used to switch downlights we would mount them in the void in a suitable enclosure. C4 are also doing a full centralised system which can be used on areas that get rewired and mixed with the wireless stuff.

The other option could be Rako?