Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lutron’s Radio RA in Europe?

Automated Home Jr Member

Its a risco prosys but I have enquired about changing it to the texecom controller as my alarm company also does that one. It looks identical to the one I have.

How does the zigbee to ir item work with a tv? I have the tv and sky box in the front room and dont want to rip everything up to put the wires in for controlling the sky and tv from the control centre.

Also I have been recommended the Heatmiser thermostat but A mate has it and he despises it saying its all over the place. I had a look on google and its common for it to have problems. Whats wrong with the control 4 thermostat in comparison?

Automated Home Jr Member 21stCenturyElec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sashaz View Post
    Its a risco prosys but I have enquired about changing it to the texecom controller as my alarm company also does that one. It looks identical to the one I have.

How does the zigbee to ir item work with a tv? I have the tv and sky box in the front room and dont want to rip everything up to put the wires in for controlling the sky and tv from the control centre.

Also I have been recommended the Heatmiser thermostat but A mate has it and he despises it saying its all over the place. I had a look on google and its common for it to have problems. Whats wrong with the control 4 thermostat in comparison?
    You would need the Texecom Premier Elite 24 as a minimum this can be interfaced using the PC-Com or IP-Com.

For the control of the Sky box and TV you would probably need a Zigbee device behind the TV with a set of IR outputs on it, unless you have a spare data cable to the TV from the potion that the C4 controller will be located https://www.cardaccess-inc.com/autom...a=details&i=69

The C4 T-Stat is pricy but if you just want a single or couple of zones it may work out about the same as Heatmiser. I have 12 zones of Heatmiser (12v Network version with a 2xUH1's) here and no issues. What sort of things are people complaining about?

Automated Home Jr Member

I thought so on the alarm and am waiting to see what price he would charge to change it. Probably this will be later in the year. Could the control4 then use the alarm sensors for its own devices?

On the Zigbee device how does it physically control the tv? Does it just emit an ir light that the tv thinks is the remote working on it and as such is it strapped to the front of the tv or can it all be hidden? I have a magic eye for the sky box that is hidden so the remote works but this operates with the rf input. Could I us the zigbee controller and the magic eye on the same device? In reality its a top device as it saves so much hassle for wiring that doesnt exist.

On the heating, I only have one zone and dont think I will be increasing the zones however as you say the heatmiser is £130 and the extra vegetables driver is £140 to run it. The actual control4 thermostat is £300 so not much in it. On the operation is the control 4 thermostat better or not?

The issue he has is that its constantly too hot or too cold. It doesnt seem to be the correct temperature. He hates it with a passion. I think he has to call heatmiser to get it recalibrated or changed.

Oh thank you for all your help!

A new alarm panel should not cost to much, the old sensors and bell box should be okay, you will need a keypad. Yes the sensors can be used to action things within C4 like turn lights on, best one we did was play a wav file of dogs barking through the audio system

That zigbee device uses IR buds that you stick onto the AV kit in the appropriate position, there is a RF2 device for controlling Sky boxes but its not cost effective unless you have multiple Sky boxes. C4 can also control AV via RS232 and IP if the device has those capabilities.

T-Stat would do you then, it would just replace the exiting timer controller, The main difference to the Heatmiser would be that it has Heating & Cooling capability which you may not use.

Automated Home Jr Member

I like the notion of using already installed things to run the c4.

I will use the control 4 thermostat then. My plumber can put it in but does it work without c4 control as it maynot be intigrated at the same time into the control system?

Automated Home Jr Member

Can I program the times of day/ week from the control app and alter the temp when im away from the home?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashaz View Post
    Can I program the times of day/ week from the control app and alter the temp when im away from the home?
    Yes & No, Yes on version 2.4 which is due out this month but No if its 2.3 or lower, you would need to have a 4sight license and do it via the Flash navigator which will not work on iOS devices as Flash is incompatible, on Android devices yes it will work or any PC / OSX, You could do it on iOS if you set up a VPN but its not advisable. 2.4 will be the solution by the time your ready to buy into C4

Automated Home Jr Member

What is the difference between the Card Access Zigbee to IR Module and the Keene KIRA (IR in/out & Serial Port). They seem to do a similar thing but the Keane Kira one means the control panel comes up on your tv without it being connected directly to your control box?

The more I read the more I like the system and how it can really be added to with little systems. The only thing I dont like is the cost of all the licences that you seem to pay.

The Card Access is a wireless device and the Keene is wired that's the main difference. if you have Ethernet at your TV/Sky box location then the Keene is a good way to go plus you can use any remote as a Control4 remote by mapping the IR commands into the Kira driver.

Which licences do you feel are costly and what were the prices did you find? If your really into it we can help you out there

Automated Home Jr Member

I want to use ipad/iphone app (1 x ipad+ 2x iphone) in the house and outside the house. I also want the software upgrade to be able to tinker with the settings. I think it would be best to approach this with a more 3 phaze install where phaze one is the system base getting it up running with one light control and the house heating. Phaze 2 is where I add the rest of the lights and phaze 3 is the alarm and sonos integration. This will help split the costs up. Does that sound sensible?
    I have contacted 2 dealers to have a look at the house and the electrician has a collegue who installs C4 but I havent really had good info except "yes he installs it".
    This forum has been so helpful!