• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heatingitaly
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2013

temperature sensor probes

I'd like to find some temperature sensor probes to make the sensor pockets in a heat bank Z-Wave connected. The idea being to use the 'scenes' in VERA to activate pumps, heat pump, valves etc. Take a solar controller as another example.. can't see why I'd need to buy one when Vera could do all the tricks given suitable probes.
  • hadiesper
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2010

Fibaro has the universal sensor module and also the door sensor module, both can be connected to a thermistor. I have tried the universal sensor with a thermistor connected 15 meters away using a CAT6 cable, works great!
    HadiEsper
    http://www.ShifraSmartHomes.com - First Z-wave Smart Home Automation Solution Provider in the Middle East

Comment

• heatingitaly
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2013

Thank you for the reply - and I like your web-site too. I'll check out the Fibaro universal sensor + thermistor. It seems that the way one thinks has to be very flexible these days. I was looking into programmable logic controllers to control an advanced heat-bank based heating system but even that looks out of date when a home automation controller can do scenes with many inputs and outputs.

Comment

Working...
      X