• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21stCenturyElec
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2013

Time to show off a bit of our C-Bus work

One we did earlier

Any one want to add some of their work we would love to see it.

C-BUS finished panel.jpg

CBUS 1.jpg

CBUS 2.jpg

CBUS 3.jpg
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Nice work, thanks for the pics. We have some Home Automation pr0n on our Flickr group here if you'd like to add any...

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• blacky7
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 21stCenturyElec View Post
      One we did earlier
      Wow!!, now that's how to put together a board.

As much as I like the look of the Hager panel you have used, I might have replaced the front door with a piece of polycarbonate, the fine work inside deserves to be noticed.

I have always used black ties too, but always the slightly thicker one. After seeing your panel, I think I will do the next with the smaller ties as it looks quite a bit neater, almost like the old cable lacing in electronics gear and exchange cabinets.

Great Work. That's how it's done.
      Nous House - Smart Home... Smart Owner!

http://www.noushouse.com.au/

Comment

• Darbyweb
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2004

Very tidy work indeed - what do the red and black cables indicate ? Have you used suitable labels to explain colours ?
        ----------------
        CIS Integrator
        www.rolec.net
        ----------------

Comment

• blacky7
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Darbyweb View Post
          Very tidy work indeed - what do the red and black cables indicate ? Have you used suitable labels to explain colours ?
          Hi Darbyweb,

Perhaps you can post one of your boards so we can compare and understand the labels you are suggesting. :P

In Australia, most single phase building cable is Red/Black/Green-Yellow so to me it seems perfectly logical that some of the load actives are red. The labelling does seem to well describe the loads and the cables seem to be individually number coded which suggests a further reference document, so I am uncertain what further labelling you are suggesting? Would you expect more going onsite to a board that you haven't worked on before?

Everyone wires boards their own way with different ideas everyone can take away and use to make their work better. Perhaps you can post a few of your boast pics too so we can also learn something from yours. It is these forums and the kind people who contribute their work and ideas that lifts the standard of everyone, as other can glean ideas from those gutsy enough to post their work. I think 21CenturyElecs boards are neat, well thought out and well dressed. The choice of building cable makes some loads different colours but I think most would recognise that.

So show us yours so we can learn some more!!

Blacky7
          Nous House - Smart Home... Smart Owner!

http://www.noushouse.com.au/

Comment

• 21stCenturyElec
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Darbyweb View Post
            Thanks, Is the question about the red & black a harmonisation query? are you asking if I used a Caution label? Yes its on the inner cover out of site

This whole project was a rip out of an IHC system that was installed by another firm prior to March 2006.

DSCF0759.jpg

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
              Automated Home Guru
              • Feb 2004

Excellent work

Frank
              Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
              http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

Working...
              X