Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFP related queries

Default DFP related queries

Hi All,

Linking from DFP button to the, built on the fly, HVAC object's "Configure and Activate Menu", does anyone know how to modify the Annunciations attributes of it? Like to stop it doing Voice Broadcasts, also changing the colour of the panel's display etc?

Also anyone know of the best way to have the display show the average temperature of a room which has 2 Temp Sensors?

Finally anyone know of a way to have button 7:
    - check if the lights are off, and if off, turn on lights to Scene 1 (dimmer level 25%)
    - or if lights are already on, set lights to Scene 1
    - or if lights area already on and at Scene 1 to turn lights off?

Basically I'm going to do the above again for button 8, but:
    - check if the lights are off, and if off, turn on lights to Scene 2 (dimmer level 100%)
    - or if lights are already on, set lights to Scene 2
    - or if lights area already on and at Scene 2 to turn lights off?

Thanks in advance,

Marcus

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

two temp' sensors - try General Logic / Summation ...

tried it just now - connecting inputs was straightforward, gain of 0.5, too, but couldn't manage to send the result anywhere ...

in our case, we were trying to have the result spoken by the local intercom (MFP) ...

Chris

PS: also tried creating a (virtual) DTS module, with the General Logic object connected as an alternative temperature source, so the result would be displayed in PlanView - which all seemed fine, but couldn't manage to get it working !

PPS: it worked - connection could only be made from the DTS end, then we had to wait for the next update, or click Re-Evaluate in the General Logic object ... after which the (virtual, not-Enabled) DTS began showing the average temperature of two readings, in PlanView, one from a PLH, the other from an MFP ... next challenge will be to make it show the average from more than two !

PPPS: which was achieved by cascading Gates in the General Logic object - output of first feeding one input of next, etc, with Gains set to 1.0 in all but last, where it was set to the inverse of the total number of readings ... after which, the average temperature could be spoken by entering a suitable message after clicking the DTS speak icon, and Connecting (eg) a button on the MFP to the DTS Speak Local connection ...

MFP & DFP presumably interchangeable, ditto Speak & Display ...

PPPPS: thanks for prompting me to try this - we find General Logic objects don't come naturally, and getting stuck-in seems to be the way of getting to grips with them !
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 29th May 2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    two temp' sensors - try General Logic / Summation ...

tried it just now - connecting inputs was straightforward, gain of 0.5, too, but couldn't manage to send the result anywhere ...

in our case, we were trying to have the result spoken by the local intercom (MFP) ...

Chris

PS: also tried creating a (virtual) DTS module, with the General Logic object connected as an alternative temperature source, so the result would be displayed in PlanView - which all seemed fine, but couldn't manage to get it working !

PPS: it worked - connection could only be made from the DTS end, then we had to wait for the next update, or click Re-Evaluate in the General Logic object ... after which the (virtual, not-Enabled) DTS began showing the average temperature of two readings, in PlanView, one from a PLH, the other from an MFP ... next challenge will be to make it show the average from more than two !

PPPS: which was achieved by cascading Gates in the General Logic object - output of first feeding one input of next, etc, with Gains set to 1.0 in all but last, where it was set to the inverse of the total number of readings ... after which, the average temperature could be spoken by entering a suitable message after clicking the DTS speak icon, and Connecting (eg) a button on the MFP to the DTS Speak Local connection ...

MFP & DFP presumably interchangeable, ditto Speak & Display ...

PPPPS: thanks for prompting me to try this - we find General Logic objects don't come naturally, and getting stuck-in seems to be the way of getting to grips with them !
    Thanks for doing all the leg work on average of the 2 temp sensors. Reason why I asked as HVAC object can use more than one temp sensor and will auto use the average of them. So I thought it prudent that the display of the DPF's should also show the same temp as what the HVAC object is using.

I'm wondering now if there is some way to have a connection straight off the HVAC object as the source (I couldn't find it, but I'm wondering if someone else has / or if Viv can confirm there isn't one (yet)).

The HVAC object does provide the temperature which it is using for feedback (be it average, maximum or minimum of multiple sensors). In the HVAC object Control panel, Measured Temperature Display, Inside, list you should select the entry which has the HVACs name - namely the HVAC inside temperature. This will then ensure that in the graphical display this is displayed. Then for a DFP it is available via the HVAC - status changed connection. This actually displays the name of the HVAC, the inside temperature, a symbol to indicate heating or not, and finally the target temperature. (Note this feature was added relatively recently so if your Cortex has not been updated say for 6 months then you'll need to update)

Regarding the lighting control question is the 3rd condition that is should turn the light off only when on at scene 1? I.e if on at scene 2 do not turn off?

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    The HVAC object does provide the temperature which it is using for feedback (be it average, maximum or minimum of multiple sensors). In the HVAC object Control panel, Measured Temperature Display, Inside, list you should select the entry which has the HVACs name - namely the HVAC inside temperature. This will then ensure that in the graphical display this is displayed. Then for a DFP it is available via the HVAC - status changed connection. This actually displays the name of the HVAC, the inside temperature, a symbol to indicate heating or not, and finally the target temperature. (Note this feature was added relatively recently so if your Cortex has not been updated say for 6 months then you'll need to update)
    Thanks Karam. That's exactly what I was looking for, and indeed an update was required.

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    Regarding the lighting control question is the 3rd condition that is should turn the light off only when on at scene 1? I.e if on at scene 2 do not turn off?
    If at Scene1, turn off, If at Scene2, it would set the lights to Scene1 (which is the second condition).

Also Karam, do you know the answer to that question of:
    Linking from DFP button to the, built on the fly, HVAC object's "Configure and Activate Menu", does anyone know how to modify the Annunciations attributes of it? Like to stop it doing Voice Broadcasts, also changing the colour of the panel's display etc?
    Last edited by marcuslee; 3rd June 2013 at 11:31 PM.

[QUOTE does anyone know how to modify the Annunciations attributes of it? [/QUOTE]

Both the HVAC and the HVAC Menu will have annunciate options. Visit their behaviour menu click the annunciate button (bottom left) and turn off broadcast.
    If this does not resolve your problem let us know and we can look into it further.

The colour of the Display in its various modes is set in the Displays behaviour menu - Colour tab.
    The 'Idle' colour of the DFP can be changed by sending a 'value' to the 'Idle' colour input connection of the LCD Display object.
    0 Red
    1 Yellow
    2 Green
    3 Blue
    4 Cyan
    5 Purple
    6 White.
    As an example of changng the LCD colour. In Alarm Pro is a connection Information outputs | Unoccupied (day) alarm | On unoccupied. (day) arm. Which you could connect to the Display - Idle colour input(0) e.g. with a value of 0 which means turn it Red.
    Also connect the On unoccupied (day) disarm with a value of 2 which means turn it Cyan. So you can see at a glance the alarm is armed because it i s red.

Typically the idle colour can be made to change for any event.

Viv

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslee View Post
    Hi All,

Finally anyone know of a way to have button 7:
    - check if the lights are off, and if off, turn on lights to Scene 1 (dimmer level 25%)
    - or if lights are already on, set lights to Scene 1
    - or if lights area already on and at Scene 1 to turn lights off?

Marcus
    First update Cortex to version 26.5.14

Create a Macro of the form as per attched image.

Scene 1 switching.jpg

Connect button 7 to start the Macro.

Viv

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    First update Cortex to version 26.5.14

Create a Macro of the form as per attched image.

Scene 1 switching.jpg

Connect button 7 to start the Macro.

Viv
    Thanks Viv, will give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslee View Post
    Thanks Viv, will give it a go!
    A couple more queries if anyone has had a go at these:
    - just gave the followinga go; copy and paste of an object, but came back with a Network must be stopped. Has anyone else tried this? In particular I wanted to do this with the macro Viv provided above, and then edit the newly copy, so it also makes me wonder what happens with the new paste, is it given a new name too (otherwise I won't be able to paste back into same parent)?

- anyone know of a way to use "Edit Dimmer ON Value (using LCD)" but across multiple objects? eg if a room has multiple QLD channels servicing it, it's a pain to have to edit all X channel object's Edit Dimmer ON Value (using LCD)?

- an object's "On and hold to reduce dim level", is there any possibility in future for Cortex to add the ability to do a "Macro X and hold to reduce dim level" and a "Macro X and hold to increase dim level"?

I ask, because I was thinking it'd be great to be able to have the above macros assigned to DFP buttons 7 & 8, *and* have the ability to provide the hold actions too?

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

>Network must be stopped ...

so far we've only found that when wanting to drag objects from one room to another ...

>editing multiple objects ...

that's long been on our wish list - but imagine it might not be easy to arrange ... one idea, maybe, might be to have summary tables listing attributes of similar objects (some such do already exist) and then be able to copy & paste all or some entries in those tables ... ?

>multiple connections to a button ...

we don't have a DFP to try, but isn't that already possible - either directly in the relevant Connections window, or via a General Logic object ?

BTW, thinking of time-saving features, it would be nice if StructureList didn't get completely redrawn after we edit a name, and PlanView didn't do likewise when we click not on an icon ... and the Plotting data ... message appeared a little less often !

Chris