Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DFP related queries

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    >multiple connections to a button ...

we don't have a DFP to try, but isn't that already possible - either directly in the relevant Connections window, or via a General Logic object ?
    In this particular case it was particular to changing the "On and hold to reduce level" to become "[MacroX] and hold to reduce level" ie the ability to substitute a macro for normal button presses, whilst still retaining the 'hold to reduce level' bit.

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    BTW, thinking of time-saving features, it would be nice if StructureList didn't get completely redrawn after we edit a name, and PlanView didn't do likewise when we click not on an icon ... and the Plotting data ... message appeared a little less often !
    I've only just down an upgrade to Cortex and indeed found the Plotting data now. But having read Karam's previous reply posts on other topics, it looks to be for performance/stability issues, so I guess I'm ok living with it in that regard!

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

>in this particular ...

ah, had read it differently ...

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslee View Post
    - just gave the followinga go; copy and paste of an object, but came back with a Network must be stopped. Has anyone else tried this? In particular I wanted to do this with the macro Viv provided above, and then edit the newly copy, so it also makes me wonder what happens with the new paste, is it given a new name too (otherwise I won't be able to paste back into same parent)?
    Yes you do have to stop the network and on 26.7.2 it does seem to then throw up some error windows when you try to paste but appears to complete the copy once these are OK'd. A number gets appended to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslee View Post
    - anyone know of a way to use "Edit Dimmer ON Value (using LCD)" but across multiple objects? eg if a room has multiple QLD channels servicing it, it's a pain to have to edit all X channel object's Edit Dimmer ON Value (using LCD)?

- an object's "On and hold to reduce dim level", is there any possibility in future for Cortex to add the ability to do a "Macro X and hold to reduce dim level" and a "Macro X and hold to increase dim level"?

I ask, because I was thinking it'd be great to be able to have the above macros assigned to DFP buttons 7 & 8, *and* have the ability to provide the hold actions too?
    Possibly I'm not understanding the request/objective here. But one possibility is to make one light (either real or virtual) a 'master' which the others follow the level of (using the Set Level (Output) connection from the master). Then any change to the master Level will propagate to the slaves. Note that using this connection alone will not propagate the on/off state - just the level. The slaves can still be adjusted to be different but any time the master is adjusted (or turned off/on) the slaves will change level to the master value.

The concept of Macro X and hold ... I'm somewhat confused with. The macro could be doing anything so what does 'and hold ..' mean then? Surely 'and hold ...' must reference a button press?
    Last edited by Karam; 13th October 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    Yes you do have to stop the network and on 26.7.2 it does seem to then throw up some error windows when you try to paste but appears to complete the copy once these are OK'd. A number gets appended to the name.
    Thanks for trying it out for me, and also going through the errors (part reason why I didn't want to do it on the live system, so ta!).

Possibly I'm not understanding the request/objective here. But one possibility is to make one light (either real or virtual) a 'master' which the others follow the level of (using the Set Level (Output) connection from the master). Then any change to the master Level will propagate to the slaves. Note that using this connection alone will not propagate the on/off state - just the level. The slaves can still be adjusted to be different but any time the master is adjusted (or turned off/on) the slaves will change level to the master value.
    Thanks for that Karam, though I couldn't find the object to use for creating a virtual light? Tools > Design Network > Add Cortex Logic Object > ???

The concept of Macro X and hold ... I'm somewhat confused with. The macro could be doing anything so what does 'and hold ..' mean then? Surely 'and hold ...' must reference a button press?
    To better explain, currently we have a "On and hold to reduce dim level" available, which basically provides the functionality of:
    press button = lights on
    hold button = reduce dim level

It would be great to have somehow a "[Userdefined macro] and hold to reduce dim level" available. Which would allow:
    press button = userdefined macro

ie that way I'd be able to provide DFP button 7:
    press button = executes Viv's macro [which checks to see if lights are on, if so, then change to Scene 2, if not, then set to Scene 2 and turn on]

and something similar to DFP button 8 (except it's setting to Scene 4, and increasing dim level

So it's providing 2 scene levels and the ability to adjust dim levels up and down all by 2 buttons.