• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theviper008
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2013

what Media Player/ streamer will rip copyright dvds

HI im wanting to stream my dvd collection but I am unsure what type of media player/ ripper to buy. any advice on what I would need to set this up as I am new to this game. thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

One of the best media players is the XBMC this will run on a pc, MAC, apple tv, Android dual core TV stick or box or a Raspberry Pi. As regards to ripping I prefer a stand alone program called DVDFab copy suite. Can't remember but there might be a ripper plugin for XBMC.
    I use a quad core pc running Ubuntu 12.04 with XMBC I also have the plugins for various TV catchup services which makes it very handy. I have the XBMC remote app for my android phone so can control the XBMC from my phone. The XBMC is connected via an ethernet cable to my router also on the router is my home built server which stores the films, music and family photos.
    If you intend to watch HD videos then wifi doesn't really work that well unless the Wifi router/Access point is in the same room. Even then I have seen stuttering on 1080 HD films especially if others are using the wifi. So use an ethernet cable to connect media centre to router
    Last edited by toscal; 15 June 2013, 12:55 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X