Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Electric) Garage Door control

Automated Home Sr Member cliffwright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cliffwright View Post

From following Viv's suggestion, I found this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

on Amazon which seems nicely plug-n-play (and cheap enough) which would both connect to my door controller, plus could be connected to the digital input to give a sense of control instruction. Might order both this one and the one Viv suggests just to see them both in the flesh and send whichever I don't use back.

Thanks folks - will let you know how I get on

I've also got to figure out how I get an Idranet cable from the house out to the garage (which is detached from the house) now too . . . hmm . . .
    Just for the sake of feedback - I ended up using the above controller and can confirm it works like a dream

The receiver is 2 channel - so for now I've utilised the first for door operation and will look to use the 2nd (via a digital input) for Lighting operation. I've made some brackets and installed 2 mag contacts for door position sensing - but I need to run a permanent Idranet cable out to the garage before that can become fully operable.

Thanks for everyone's advice

Automated Home Lurker

Personally i wouldn't bother with key fobs i would suggest using your smartphone, you can do this very simply with our iPhone or android app.
    http://buy.pressandpass.co.uk/produc...device&cPath=1

The original poster said:

"2) What control options are there other than just the mobile plugin? Being the garage door, I don't want to have to get my phone out, unlock it, open the app, login, navigate some layers to the control & then select to control it every time I pull up on the drive - I want a more 'single click' option that mirrors the traditional "zapper" effect."

In other words it is already possible to use the Cortex smartphone interface even in addition to the keyfob. Besides which you have integration with the remainder of the IDRATEK installation in the home - not piecemeal solutions for every feature.

Automated Home Lurker

Sorry, i appreciate this.

I was just letting you know another simple option in order to open the phone also some people like added security such as cameras etc.