X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tizwaz
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2007

5 years on and has anyone had any success with integrating Sonos with Cortex?

Sonos does seem keen to get in on the integrated market, with its One speaker and Alexa.....

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
      Automated Home Legend
      • Dec 2007

as an example, how about ...

which makes me wonder why the Cortex Web API Client object couldn't be used to do the job ...

Chris
      Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 8 April 2018, 10:44 AM.
      Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• tizwaz
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Aug 2007

..yes if I only I actually understood what any of that meant!

Need some simple instructions to follow... :-)

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

yes, do agree ...have felt the same, all double-dutch ... but do give it a try !

we were pretty clueless & yet managed very quickly to get the Cortex Web API Client object working Restful magic in Getting Met'Office weather forecasts into Cortex NoticeBoards (for tablet displays around the house) ...

ie: Create a Web API Client object (in the same way as creatig any other object in Cortex), double click it, then click Add and Edit and Response etc etc ... it all looked very daunting to us, but the Help is good, and we had something working first time ... after which it was just a matter of adding in all the actions & response decoding we needed ...

if you just want simple pause & play, maybe no decoding will be needed ...

caveat - we've not got Sonos, so can't try any of this ourselves ... but what we did involved sending simple http: messages & decoding what came back, which seems to be much the same as (going by the links provided in my earlier reply) are needed to control Sonos ...

NB: so far as I can see, you'll not need to install NPM & Node - just use the code information in the first link to create something similar in the Web API Client object ...

eg; create the Web API Client object, double click it, click Add, and put (say) :

http://localhost:5005/pauseall[/{timeout in minutes}]

in the URL column - where localhost is the name of your Sonos network & 5005 is the port you need to use, and try it out, with each of the various Action options ...

Chris
          Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 8 April 2018, 09:49 PM.
          Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
          X