Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skype Desktop API

Automated Home Sr Member

Managed to figure it out and got the program running using the shell command from a suitable macro. My video capture card only has vfw drivers and is not WDM compatible - so not easy to transfer video via the sip client. I am also "playing" with the API. I have installed mingw which is a commandline compiler for c and works within a linux environment to compile windows programs. Planning to write a "API bridge" that will listen in to cortex. Next step would be an android app. As far as I can tell, the HTML5 server will not signal that the AUI button has been pressed ? I think there are 3rd party add-ons for HTML5 that can work as an intercom? Not sure how to integrate this into the webserver. If I can get this to work, then don't need to write an android app!

Having never gone with Skype on my install - what happened with this?

Did Skype's change indeed can making and receiving phone calls via Cortex?

Also if so, what was the last version of Skype where this was working (as I know old versions get cached in various places out there on the Net)?

As far as I'm aware I think they changed their mind somewhat, perhaps temporarily, who knows what Microsoft plans these days ...Anyhow recent versions of desktop Skype still seem to be working ok with the relevant Cortex functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Karam View Post
    As far as I'm aware I think they changed their mind somewhat, perhaps temporarily, who knows what Microsoft plans these days ...Anyhow recent versions of desktop Skype still seem to be working ok with the relevant Cortex functions.
    Thanks for reply Karam!

Automated Home Jr Member

Yes, Skype SMS is still working. I followed Viv's advice and resisted any Skype or Windows upgrades since last august but a couple of months ago Skype forced me to update. I figured this would break the sms functionality but I'm relieved to say that it didn't as I use this feature as the core of my home security system! Fingers crossed it stays this way!