Thread: Help / Advice Needed - Home Security

Automated Home Lurker

Default Help / Advice Needed - Home Security

I am after some advice with home security. I am looking to install an intruder alarm system in my home unmonitored (no monthly fee). The system need to have PIRs and Door /Window sensors along with a keypad and siren.
    The area i am struggling with is, I would like to have the ability to arm / disarm the system remotely via a pc and smartphone (Ideally IOS) and to be notified when sensors are triggered.

Do you know if there is a solution which would provide this?

Also, I am trying to find a system which will enable me to introduce home automation products down the line, mainly lighting and sockets. I have already installed IPCCTV throughout the house so a system which can also support viewing camera feeds would be great.

I am not sure (and from the research I have done so far) if there is one solution which will fit all my desires but if anyone can advise me of anything it would be appreciated.

Just to add, I have a dedicated (always on) PC which can run software if needed. I also have CAT5 running throughout the house into each room, in case that opens up options.

Thanks all, in advance.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the links, the 2nd, MiGaurd seems to be the closest to what I was looking for however the app doesn't quite cover what I was hoping. I ideally would like be able to arm / disarm the system along with seeing a status of the alarm/ sensors. Ie back gate = open etc.

I am beginning to think my vision isn't yet available in one solution

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

another possibility to check-out :

http://www.idratek.com/sitemap/

Comfort does Security and Automation

www.cytech.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Vangelis View Post
    Comfort does Security and Automation
    www.cytech.biz
    Yup, Comfort was my first link above.

M.

Automated Home Lurker

If you don't mind using hobby software then my Digital Home Server could be a good candidate. I support the RFXCOM devices (and hence all hardware which is supported by RFXCOM, which is a lot), and I also have a module for IP cameras (MJPEG only), with motion detection. It requires a server, but as you have one that shouldn't be a problem.

The only point where I can't respond to what you need is that I don't have a iOS/Android app to control the system.

Soitjes.
    My Digital Home Server - http://www.digitalhomeserver.net

Quote Originally Posted by rp1254 View Post
    I am after some advice with home security. I am looking to install an intruder alarm system in my home unmonitored (no monthly fee). The system need to have PIRs and Door /Window sensors along with a keypad and siren.
    The area i am struggling with is, I would like to have the ability to arm / disarm the system remotely via a pc and smartphone (Ideally IOS) and to be notified when sensors are triggered.

Do you know if there is a solution which would provide this?

Also, I am trying to find a system which will enable me to introduce home automation products down the line, mainly lighting and sockets. I have already installed IPCCTV throughout the house so a system which can also support viewing camera feeds would be great.

I am not sure (and from the research I have done so far) if there is one solution which will fit all my desires but if anyone can advise me of anything it would be appreciated.

Just to add, I have a dedicated (always on) PC which can run software if needed. I also have CAT5 running throughout the house into each room, in case that opens up options.

Thanks all, in advance.
    I have all of the above using comfort!

Have a look at Loxone
    You can also use it as a burglar alarm
    This link shows just what is possible http://www.loxone.com/enuk/smart-hom...brown-box.html I like the playing of Rammstein at full volume if an intruder is detected.
    Last edited by toscal; 28th August 2013 at 03:15 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog