Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And so it begins.... Again :)

Sorry, I saw your response to Mr.Wolf after I had posted

It wasn't me regarding the occupancy sensors, however, frustratingly Jon seems to have gone quiet, so there was no code accompanying the projects.

I haven't used Pi's yet but my limited research and other peoples comments see to indicate that they are too low power - however I am happy to be proved wrong!

Never played with the CAN bus (apart from on my car!) so be interested in what you do with it.

I was looking to link Voxcommando to an iTunes playlist running on an NUC then pipe it to some amplified ceiling speakers so could have voice control playlists. Funnily enough I had the same comment regarding recognition of my wife and my voice and running profiles.

Are you still on Instructables (recall seeing some of your projects there) if so, do you have a link you your laser room occupancy project? I o lymhave to worry about 2 dogs and a 12 yr old!

Automated Home Jr Member

Instructables, that takes me back lol. I cannot remember any of my usernames or passwords for that, and no longer have access to the email address that I would use for password recovery. I will however write a new article on how to do it, complete with schematics and code. It will take me a few weeks as I have other projects that I would like to get in first - but remind me every so often in case I forget

I ordered a box of lasers last month, so I have the bits that I need - just need to set things up again.

What do you have in terms of automation yourself?

Thanks Graham, only when you have time

I am just installing a Comfort system (cytech.biz) and at the final fix and commissioning stage.. it's a lot more than just a security system, however this is it's core, but it also has a logic engine and GUI front end and smartphone capability.

I have played with Comfort since early 2002 so am quite familiar with it. It allows for add on modules, for which I have Ethernet (for smartphone and remote access), zwave (for sensors), and gsm for dial backup and SMS. I wanted an off the shelf system that just wirks, as I am not a programmer but have an electronics background.

I am also looking for house audio so been looking at Sonos, but it can get quite expensive. It needs to integrate with iTunes else the wife will kill me! And might tinker with voice recognition as I mentioned.

My latest project is a biometric door access system. I am trailing the Sparkfun GT511-C3 linked with an Arduino. I have also found a suitable electromechanical mortise lock that doesn't require running a door loop. The idea is to centrally lock parts of the house with the alarm system (having biometric override)

Lastly there's CCTV but that's just POE running to a NAS with smartphone access

Vangelis