Thread: Genesis + C_Bus

Automated Home Guru FrankMcAlinden's Avatar

Default Genesis + C_Bus

Hi All
    Just dropped some of my C_Bus kit off to the Genesis people so they can start work on implementing some C-Bus functionality into the Genesis alarm panel.......;-))))... .....
    More Soon
    Frank

Default Re: Genesis + C_Bus

Interesting Frank.

The new C-Bus alarm system will be available in the UK soon, but I know the Genesis is a low cost solution. Have you a URL for the panel and soe prices?

Thanks

M.

Hi Mark
    The Genesis Panel is not regarded as a cheap panel here in Australia . It is very similiar to the other top panels ..Tecom and Concept
    Although cheap compared to comfort..The main panel is approx $600 (aussie) + 10% gst (vat)....

http://www.genesiselectronics.com.au/index_main.htm

HTH
    Frank

Should have said lowER cost solution

What's that price in GBP? And what's the basic spec at the price get you?

Thanks

M.

Hi Mark
    The price in Pounds is approx 250......With that you get the main panel which has 16 sectors...4 fused outputs (normally used for strobes and electronic sirens).Built in dialler (contact id).... plugpak and battery...I think it also includes One Ras (keypad) which has provision to connect two card readers.....The beauty of the system is the Scripting Feature. You can write your own scripts (events) based on all sorts of things....64 different areas can be set up...I use 3 Perimeter...internal ...and a dummy one for Home Automation stuff....Each Genesis module also has a serial port and this is what im going to use to connect to the C_Bus PC interface..Also approx 100 text messages can be created and sent to either the Ras units (keypads) or to the serial port on a selected Genesis field module.......
    HTH
    Frank
    PS.....Im getting two reports of each message sent to this topic for each message sent ????