Can't get HVAC Object's disable input to work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marcuslee
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2009

Can't get HVAC Object's disable input to work!

Hi Guys,

I've used this before elsewhere;
    HVAC Object, Connections > Disable inputs > Door's output state.

Works fine, and you can tell when HVAC is disabled on DFP's LCD screen because the icon has a little x.

However I've configured another one, but it's failing to disable. I can tell because no little x, and indeed I first noticed when the door was open and the HVAC was still heating.

I tried to remove the connection in HVAC object and configure the connection from the other way round ie via the door object. As Karam/Viv has suggested that in the past.

However, as I've also seen before, it's not always visiable from the other object, so it's impossible to make the connection.

Any ideas?

Also is this a bug I suppose (both this happening, and the fact the other way round it's not visible to make a connection??
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

The connection is via the HVAC object only, but there doesn't look to be any problem with this. I have just tested it with Cortex V26.7.2, added a new HVAC object and tied a door output state to the HVAC Disable inputs. When the door opens the HVAC object displays 'Disabled' in Cortex plan view (but I haven't checked on a DFP). In the HVAC object Controls menu can you check if you have the Disable inputs option enabled? Also was the HVAC in 'heating' or 'Automatic' mode at the time (as opposed to 'off'? BTW, incase it is confusing, 'Automatic' mode means automatically switch between heating and cooling if you happen to have both facilities, if you just have a heating system then just set to 'heating' mode.
    Last edited by Karam; 24 September 2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Viv
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2004

Of interest may be why the HVAC has the option in its behaviour menu to 'Allow to disable'.

Typically a door open signal is connected to the HVAC disable input.
      This is for external doors and to prevent wasting heating or cooling if the door is left open.

If the door contacts should fail 'Open' for what ever reason it is only a case of turning off 'Allow to disable' to restore heating
      rather than removing the connection. Once repaired the option can be re-enabled.

Viv

Comment

• marcuslee
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Viv View Post
        Of interest may be why the HVAC has the option in its behaviour menu to 'Allow to disable'.

Typically a door open signal is connected to the HVAC disable input.
        This is for external doors and to prevent wasting heating or cooling if the door is left open.

If the door contacts should fail 'Open' for what ever reason it is only a case of turning off 'Allow to disable' to restore heating
        rather than removing the connection. Once repaired the option can be re-enabled.

Viv
        Thanks Karam, Viv. Karam you were spot on, that wasn't checked. And indeed Viv, you were spot on with why I failed to spot it, having this option isn't something that springs to mind as it wasn't the norm to even remember there was this option.

I should be more diligent and check things top to toe, instead of having yourselves having to do the due diligence for me!

Thanks again,

Marcus

Comment

Working...
        X