• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maddop
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2013

AVNEX Multiroom AV - looking to upgrade to HDMI

Hi,

I've currently got a 6x12 AVNEX multiroom AV system running on CAT5e cabling throughout my house.

I'd like to upgrade this to HDMI and have spoken with AVNEX, they advise that a HDMI offering is best combined with my current setup (running side-by-side) but they offer 4x4 and i'd have to run an additional CAT6 cable to each point. Their system runs on HD BASE-T

Has anyone completed any similar projects? Any suggestions or alternatives that are of a similar or higher quality?

thanks,
    Paul
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by maddop View Post
    Hi,

I've currently got a 6x12 AVNEX multiroom AV system running on CAT5e cabling throughout my house.

I'd like to upgrade this to HDMI and have spoken with AVNEX, they advise that a HDMI offering is best combined with my current setup (running side-by-side) but they offer 4x4 and i'd have to run an additional CAT6 cable to each point. Their system runs on HD BASE-T

Has anyone completed any similar projects? Any suggestions or alternatives that are of a similar or higher quality?

thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    I'm not familiar with AVNEX but am using a set of these to distribute HDMI:

They also run HDBaseT and it works over Cat5e cable. I can't remember the exact distance but it's a lot further than the 12-15m HMDI cable I used to use. Very happy with the modules, definitely fit-and-forget.

HTH,
    Tim.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
    X